Yamaha Is Asking People Not to Climb Into Instrument Cases Like Carlos Ghosn
Remember, just because a fugitive executive did it doesn't mean it's cool or safe.
When legally embattled ex-Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn fled Japan at the end of 2019, he reportedly did so as a stowaway in a modified music equipment case. Allegedly reinforced to hold the weight of a man and drilled with holes to allow him to breathe, the case was a far cry from your typical speaker box bought off the shelf. Just who originally manufactured Ghosn's crate isn't known, but musical instrument and hardware manufacturer Yamaha wants you to know that it doesn't want you copying Ghosn's hijinks with its own cases.
"We won't mention the reason, but there have been many tweets about climbing inside large musical instrument cases," tweeted one of the corporation's musical instrument-focused Twitter accounts on Saturday. "A warning after any unfortunate accident would be too late, so we ask everyone not to try it."
"Musical instrument and audio equipment cases are designed to hold musical instruments and audio equipment. Please use them correctly," added the company in a followup tweet.
Ghosn was originally reported to have been smuggled from his home (where he lived under house arrest four almost eight months) in a double bass case, although the erstwhile executive has formally denied exiting his home in this manner. Residing in Lebanon as of last week in a mansion reportedly purchased by Nissan, Ghosn has used his newfound freedom to accuse his former Nissan colleagues of falsifying evidence to feed him to a "rigged Japanese justice system." He drew a grandiose comparison between his ordeal and Imperial Japan's attack on Pearl Harbor in 1941, which should tell you everything you need to know about how Ghosn views the world.
Got a tip? Send us a note: email@example.com
- RELATEDThis Is the Box Former Nissan CEO Carlos Ghosn Allegedly Hid in to Escape JapanGhosn is now reportedly living it up in a Nissan-bought Beirut mansion—and the automaker's not happy.READ NOW
- RELATEDCarlos Ghosn Likens Arrest in Japan to Pearl Harbor Attack in Furious Press ConferenceThe former Nissan and Renault CEO has a lot on his mind.READ NOW
- RELATEDIt Looks Like the Tesla Cyberquad ATV Is Actually a Yamaha Raptor UnderneathTesla didn't make any mention of outsourcing the quad's platform at Thursday's Cybertruck reveal.READ NOW
- RELATED2021 Yamaha Ténéré 700: ADV Finally Confirmed for Production, But Still Two Years Away for the U.S.That being said, it looks like it will be worth the wait.READ NOW
- RELATEDMusic Star Cardi B Joins Cast of Upcoming Fast & Furious 9 MovieVin Diesel shared an Instagram video with Cardi B to announce the conclusion of filming in the U.K.READ NOW