Found on Ebay: This 1994 Ford Bronco Dually Is the Ultimate Oddball Truck
When they just don't build 'em like you want 'em, you take matters into your own hands.
Few vehicles have a cult following quite like the Ford Bronco—vintage examples from the '60s remind diehards of their glory days while others are looking steadfast to the future for Ford's new version of the beloved off-roader. There've been all sorts of derivatives in the model's 50-plus-year history including the Bronco II and rare Centurion, but a dual-rear-wheel version never made the cut (or perhaps even the discussion). That could be why the builder of this 1994 Bronco chose to create their own, and now it can be yours.
The truck/SUV hybrid looks like it came from the factory this way, odd proportions and all. Its short wheelbase and wide stance make for a particularly quirky look that really isn't bad, but definitely not for everyone. Despite a few rust spots and an off-color tailgate, it's sharp from 15 feet away and would still get you pretty of looks at the local car show. The two-tone white-and-blue paint job is a nice touch, too.
Under the hood is the Bronco's premier engine choice from the year, a 302-cubic-inch V-8. It's paired to a manual transmission and, handily, four-wheel-drive.
The seller claims all of the truck's running gear to have come from an F-350 of the same vintage, allowing the extra two wheels out back to turn without any issue. They also say everything runs as it should with a good clutch and decent brakes—in all, it sounds like a turnkey toy ready to cruise Main Street.
Still, it isn't without its imperfections and, should you be looking for a showroom-perfect example, it'll need some work. The aforementioned rust is a bit of a hangup and the undercarriage could use some attention as well. However, a clean interior helps offset the downsides and so does the overall cool factor.
- RELATEDThis 13-Year-Old Genius Designed a Formula 1-Inspired, Six-Wheeled Tyrrell Go-KartThe sweet-looking kart is modeled after the Tyrrell P34 racer that competed in the 1977 Formula 1 season.READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Hennessey Goliath 6×6 Is a 700-Horsepower, Six-Wheeled, $375,000 SilveradoSupposedly only 24 units will be produced, so good luck spotting one in the wild.READ NOW
- RELATEDDealers Claim 2020 Ford Bronco Prototype With Removable Doors, Hardtop Is a 'Game Changer' (Updated)Ford dealers that have seen the new Bronco reportedly think they have a Jeep Wrangler-killer on their hands.READ NOW
- RELATED300 Star Gerard Butler's Classic Ford Bronco Destroyed in Malibu Wildfire Along With His HomeA number of other celebrities, including Neil Young, Robin Thicke, and Miley Cyrus, have lost houses—and likely vehicles—due to the fast-moving blaze.READ NOW
- RELATEDPatent Drawings Suggest 2020 Ford Bronco Could Come With Convertible Cloth RoofThe dual-layer roof system could also act as an awning for campsites.READ NOW