You Can Buy These Handbags That Were Ran Over by a Mercedes-AMG GT R in the Name of Fashion
In the words of fashion icon Coco Chanel, 'In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different.'
Fashion is a weird industry. For years, designers like Gianni Versace and Giorgio Armani have worked to create masterpieces that invoke the emotions of the masses, engaging stunning designs that only exist to be touted up and down a runway. But what happens if the needle and thread are passed from the designer to a bunch of car nuts with Mercedes-AMGs? Meet Destroy vs. Beauty's BurnOut collection.
The designers of the fashion accessories have taken a unique approach to create their motif. A neutral-colored fabric is first carefully chosen to create a beautifully accented set of driver-themed gear. Next, the designers take the raw materials to a racing track where they undergo a special treatment that is unlike any other, courtesy of the raw power produced from the AMG GT R.
A flat piece of the material is placed on the tarmac, just in front of the GT-R's rear wheels. With launch control engaged, the driver mashes the throttle in order to leave a streak of melted rubber across the fabric like a powerful signature.
The results create astoundingly unique pieces of art designed for men and women alike. The most affordable entry into the collection are wallets, priced from $202 (179 euros), though the starter price for even the smallest messenger bag is $428 (379 EUR). Big spenders can purchase a laptop bag for $597, day-trip bag (called the Speedweek) for $654, and an aptly-named top-of-the-line Weekender bag for $767.
While most fashionistas might wonder someone would run over an expensive satchel, others see the tread marks as a badge of honor, especially from a car that holds the prestige of an AMG GT R. As an enthusiast, these bags and wallets are right up my alley.
- RELATED2019 Mercedes-AMG GT 63 4-Door First Drive: The E63 That Sees Itself As a GT CMerc's newest speed machine blends the line between sports car and sedan even further.READ NOW
- RELATEDUpcoming Mercedes-AMG A45 S Will Likely Pack 415 HP, According to LeakIf true, the A45 S would sport a Bugatti-beating specific output of 207.5 horsepower per liter.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire: The Wallet That Charges Your SmartphoneREAD NOW
- RELATEDMercedes-AMG F1 Team to Employ Psychologists to Keep Winning Mindset, Top Mental HealthWith a fifth consecutive title under its belt, Mercedes-AMG isn't too concerned with talent—but the mental and physical health of the team.READ NOW
- RELATEDNew Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro Tackles the Nurburgring in Angry Fashion, Doesn't Break RecordsHowever, Mercedes-AMG's newest and sweetest baby performed the task in just 7:04.632.READ NOW