The BMW M4 CS Is a Limited-Run M4 With a Power Bump
It goes right between the M4 Competition Pack and the over-the-top M4 GTS.
BMW has a new mid-range model for its M4 lineup that brings a slight horsepower increase.
The BMW M4 CS, announced in a press release Wednesday, is a new special edition model of BMW's popular mid-range M sports coupe. Joining the M4 lineup right below the M4 GTS, the car gets a 10-horsepower power bump from the 450-horsepower Competition Pack model.
With this new slight increase in power, BMW claims the M4's 3.0-liter twin-power turbocharged inline-six engine can get the CS running from 0 to 60 in 3.9 seconds—the Comp Pack-equipped cars manage 0 to 60 in four seconds flat, according to BMW. It's not much, but it's something. Also, there's no manual option here to slow those launch numbers down, so our condolences are with those who wish to row their own gears.
Though no manual option is available, the car does come standard with the M Driver's Package, which raises the speed to an electronically-limited 174 miles per hour.
The CS also comes standard with BMW's Adaptive M suspension and a newly-designed wheel setup that comes wrapped with Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2s. In the interest of lightness, the new edition has alcantara-covered seats, door panels with pull-loops, and a roof constructed of carbon fiber-reinforced plastic.
BMW is already claiming a 'Ring lap time for the M4 CS
For those who care, BMW claims a Nürburgring Nordschleife lap time of 7 minutes 38 seconds with the CS. To give you some reference, that's six seconds short of Alfa Romeo's 7 minute 32 second time with the 505-horsepower Giulia Quadrifoglio.
The CS will run about $125,000 in Europe (converted from €116,900). It's unclear how many CS model cars will be built, but BMW says it will be kept to a limited run.
It's the first M car from BMW to rock the CS badge, and almost definitely not the last—at least not with all the rumors of an M2 CS floating around.
- RELATEDHere's What Happens When We Race the $2,000 BMW 3-SeriesIt's been drifted, abused on a gravel rally stage, and sent up a mountain. It's time for the E30's final challenge: Endurance racing.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This IndyCar-Powered BMW 3 Series Hill Climb Car SingCrazy engine-swapped hill climb cars make you glad to be alive.READ NOW
- RELATEDCar Porn: BMW Z4 M CoupeGetting up close and personal with the sexiest cars on the internet.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe BMW X4 M40i Is the Year’s Most Overlooked PerformerYes, it's one of those slope-roofed crossovers. Get over it.READ NOW
- RELATEDA New Presidential Limo and an Upgraded 2018 BMW M4: The Evening RushPlus, Jack & Mulligan have the perfect gym bag and a toaster that will print images on your toast.READ NOW