Ultra Rare Lamborghini Countach Listed on eBay for $1.1 Million
It was reportedly even inspected by Valentino Balboni.
What happens when you acquire a 41-year-old, extremely rare Lamborghini worth seven figures? You put it on eBay of course.
Just kidding, this 1976 Lamborghini Countach LP400 "Periscopica" can also be found on Gullwing Motor Cars, but the fact that this example is also listed on eBay tickles the funny bone. The limited-edition Countach has just 9,845 miles on the clock and is listed for sale for $1,095,000. It features a Blu Tahiti exterior color and Bianco white interior with Blu (blue) leather.
The car has been fitted with period-correct Michelin TWX tires that cover Campagnolo wheels. Its 375 horsepower, 3.9-liter V12 remains untouched with matching numbers and is mated to the original five-speed manual transmission.
According to the seller, this car was imported to the United States in 1978, eventually falling into the hands of a major Lamborghini dealership (Ultimate Motor Works). Said dealership performed an extensive restoration that took two years, and legendary Lamborghini test driver Valentino Balboni inspected the car multiple times after it was completed.
"Periscopica" is the name given to the original 160 Countachs (this car is number 77) that first introduced the iconic mid-engined shape, a design element that's still essential to supercars to this day. The original Countachs tried to tackle the rear-visibility issue by attaching a low-profile periscope on the roof. The periscope worked, but owners complained about the weird gimmick and it was dropped for the 1978 model year.
- RELATEDFor Sale: Lamborghini Countach With 14K Gold PlatingWhen a typical Countach just isn't outlandish enough.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's a Perfect Lamborghini Countach 5000 QV For SaleThe rare US-spec car is sitting at a hefty $120,000 at the time of this article.READ NOW
- RELATED5 Things You Didn’t Know About the Lamborghini CountachThat iconic rear wing? Totally nonfunctional—and they installed it in the factory parking lot.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Lamborghini Countach Is So Wrong It's Just RightLooking back on the bad boy car of the 1980s, and finding it's the last true automotive event.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Lamborghini Countach Could Be Yours—for Just $3,706 a MonthJust 144 monthly payments!READ NOW