West Coast Choppers Is Selling Hermann Göring's VW Beetle on eBay
Still pissed you can't buy Ted Bundy's Beetle? This might be the car for you.
Hey, dear reader—any chance you happen to be a mass murder-obsessed car collector with a particular fetish for Volkswagens owned by despicable people? Well, then, we've got good news for you. Ted Bundy's VW Bug may still be locked away in the Crime Museum, but you could soon become the owner of Hermann Göring's Volkswagen Beetle, courtesy of the folks at West Coast Choppers.
According to the car's eBay listing, the 1944 Volkswagen KdF-Wagen (as such early Beetles are commonly known) is one of the handful of World War II-era Vee-Dubs to survive the Allied Powers' apocalyptic bombing of Germany intact. Nearly every part of the car, including the engine, transmission, suspension, and interior, is original, though the exterior has been repainted. And as you'd expect with a car packing such a notable pedigree, it comes complete with a fully documented history, including proof of its delivery to Göring's Berlin office in February 1944.
For those who haven't turned on the History Channel in a few years, Göring was a former World War I fighter pilot who became one of the most powerful members of the Nazi party. He served as Hitler's number two for much of the latter's time in power, founding the Gestapo in 1933 and serving as the commander of the Luftwaffe until the end of the Second World War. After falling out of favor with the Führer in 1943over the air force's failures, he spent much of the rest of the war plundering valuables from the Nazis' victims, including Jews killed during the Holocaust. After the war, he was convicted of war crimes and sentenced to death—but committed suicide via cyanide the night before his execution.
If you want to take this Nazi-owned sled home, however, you'd better be prepared to pay handsomely. The eBay Buy It Now price? $525,000.
- RELATEDMotorcyclist Plows Into Car After Staring at Volkswagen BeetleKeep your eyes on the road, pal. You can always go online and check out Beetles when you get home.READ NOW
- RELATEDMissouri Highway Patrol Shows Us How to Cook Meth—The Nazi Way!A how-to video for up-and-coming Heisenbergs.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Tanner Foust Drift His 544-Horsepower VW Beetle RallyCross Car Up a Mountain RoadIt might be a rallycross car, but that didn't stop Foust from claiming this public road as his own.READ NOW
- RELATEDBruce Springsteen’s ‘57 Chevy Bel Air Is on eBay Right NowNot surprisingly, it ain’t going cheap.READ NOW
- RELATEDEvery Amelia Island Auction Porsche Ranked108 Porsches cross the auction block this week. Here are our favorites.READ NOW