2006 Ford GT With 10.8 Miles on the Clock Going to Auction
It still has the plastic wrap on the seats.
The RM Sotheby’s Fort Lauderdale auction next Spring will feature what might be the freshest first-generation Ford GT road car in existence. This 2006 Ford GT has just 10.8 miles on the clock making it practically a brand new, 11-year-old car.
Built to commemorate the 100th anniversary of Ford and aesthetically based on the GT40 racecar, the first-gen GT was powered by a supercharged 5.4-liter Modular V8 that was mounted between the driver and the rear axle accompanied by a 6-speed manual transmission. 2006 was the second and final model year for this generation with a total of 4,038 models being built.
The newness of this 2006 Ford GT going to auction is not limited to its extremely low mileage. This car still has the original plastic wrap on the leather seats, the tag on the shifter reminding the driver how low the car is, and an engine bay that looks like it could be eaten off of. It’s white with blue stripes, has painted brake calipers, and forged BBS wheels.
RM Sotheby’s is expecting the hammer price of this car to be somewhere between $300,000-$350,000. Frankly, that sounds a little low considering RM Sotheby’s just auctioned off a very similar 2006 Ford GT with a whopping 60 miles on it for $379,500. Is it possible this 2006 GT could fetch a price close to the new Ford GT’s $447,000 MSRP?
- RELATEDA Virtually New 2006 Ford GT Is Going To AuctionTo be auctioned off by RM Sotheby's, this mint GT comes with its original window sticker and just 60 miles on the odometer.READ NOW
- RELATEDJohn Cena Wants to Tell You About His 2006 Ford GTJohn Cena shows off his automotive knowledge in his latest car profile video.READ NOW
- RELATED2004 Ford Shelby Cobra Concept Purchased by Engineer Who Helped Developed ItThe proceeds from the auction went to the restoration of Henry Ford's Fair Lane estate.READ NOW
- RELATEDI Road Tested Every Generation of Ford GT Road CarOne of them is the greatest American supercar ever built. Which one?READ NOW
- RELATEDThere Are Now Ford GT Watches for Those of Us Who Can't Afford the CarThese officially licensed timepieces have all of the sporty class and bold style of the car they're based on.READ NOW