There's a Rare Bugatti EB 110 Super Sport for Sale in Germany
The car that both bankrupted and put Bugatti on the hypercar map is for sale.
SPS Automotive-Performance has a 2000 Bugatti EB 110 Super Sport listed for sale on its website for approximately $1,014,069. It has just 148 miles on the clock and comes equipped with a manual transmission, Black exterior, and Beige leather interior. The Super Sport variant is powered by a quad-turbocharged 3.5-liter V12 making 637 horsepower, and is capable of 216 MPH––rivaling some of today's best hypercars.
Despite being one of the most recognizable Bugattis out there, the EB 110's history is marred by tragedy and bad luck. Supercar fans will no doubt know that Bugatti is French, but we wouldn't fault casual fans for thinking that "Bugatti" sounds Italian–– and they'd be right. Not only was the EB 110 created for Italian-born Ettore Bugatti's 110th birthday, but it was also built under the Italian Bugatti Automobili S.p.A branch before it went bankrupt.
The EB110 Registry confirms the existence of more than 30 Italian-built EB 110 Super Sports, but the one for sale is rarer. A German racing firm called Dauer Sportwagen acquired the remaining production supply for the EB 110 in 1997, and produced 5 improved EB 110 Super Sports before it went bankrupt in 2008.
- RELATEDVW Group Exec Shake-Up Nets New Bosses for Bugatti, BentleyWolfgang Durheimer's departure bring Stephan Winklemann to the world's premiere hypercar maker, and Adrian Hallmark to the British luxury brand.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 1:4 Scale Bugatti Chiron Engine and Transmission Costs Almost $10KAbout 2,500 hours of development time went into this near-exact replica.READ NOW
- RELATEDBugatti Veyron Crash in the Andes Mountains Looks Oddly Beautiful, Really ExpensiveJust about the most scenic (and inconvenient) place in the world to crash a $3 million hypercar.READ NOW
- RELATEDBugatti to Start Developing the Chiron Successor in 2019Bugatti's next hypercar is just 6 years away from production.READ NOW
- RELATEDLearn the History of Everyone's Favorite Bedroom Poster Car Makers—LamborghiniFrom tractors to supercars, Lamborghini has one of the most unique automotive stories.READ NOW