Here's What a Wrecked Lamborghini Huracan Rental Looks Like
Don't try to show off on public roads, no matter what speed you're at.
Chumps crashing fast cars is a phenomenon as old as the phrase, "watch this!" Ford Mustang drivers, in particular, seem eager to be the center of attention and said attention often turns negative when they curb their wheels after spinning out. The Schadenfreude is amplified when we know the showoff's repair bill or insurance hike will be on the nasty side. One such case occurred Monday in the United Kingdom when a Birmingham man driving a rented Lamborghini Huracan managed to part ways with the road (and the contents of his bank account) and run into a streetlight and a trio of parked cars, according to Birmingham Mail.
The driver, a 25-year-old man who has not yet been identified, suffered a nose injury but declined attention from paramedics who responded to the scene, instead opting for painkillers and a ride home from his family. In total, the police, an ambulance, and around ten firefighters attended the scene. Due to the non-critical injuries sustained by the driver, it can only be assumed that they were there for a laugh and some pictures, rather than firefighting.
An unnamed local was interviewed by The London Economic, who claims the driver was not speeding but instead crashed due to operator error.
“My pal saw it happen and said the guy wasn’t speeding but simply couldn’t handle the power of the car. He was only going at no more than 30 but must have revved too hard or put it in the wrong gear and just jumped the curb, struck the cars and hit the lamp post. I suppose it must be embarrassing to write off a Lambo at such a slow speed. From what I heard, it was more Driving Miss Daisy than Fast and The Furious.”
No video of the incident has surfaced.
Let this incident serve as a lesson to all drivers, and not just those with bloated pockets or egos. Keep your eyes on the road, hands on the wheel, and feet away from the floor when you're playing with more than 500 horsepower. The world is not your racetrack, but it's glad to make you its laughingstock.
- RELATEDPrescription Opioid-Related Fatal Car Crashes Spike in U.S., Study SaysResearchers called it a "significant increase" and a "public health concern."READ NOW
- RELATEDTeen Driver Arrested After Livestreaming Fatal Crash That Killed Sister"Hey everybody, if I go to jail for life, you already know why," she says in the Instagram video.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Motorcyclist Narrowly Avoid a Crash With a Honda S2000Just a reminder to always be alert.READ NOW
- RELATEDMinnesota Tesla Crash Driver Retracts Autopilot BlameThe black box would speak the truth if the driver didn't.READ NOW
- RELATEDAnother Tesla Owner Blames Autopilot for Model S Roll-Over CrashAfter a weekend crash in Minnesota, a Tesla owner blames his Model S' autopilot feature for causing an accident.READ NOW