Watch This Motorcyclist Dressed as Santa Chase Down a Hit and Run Driver
How to make the top of the naughty list in five minutes flat.
It turns out Santa Claus really does know when you've been bad or good. A hit-and-run driver trying to make a speedy getaway in France last week found herself being chased by the unlikeliest of authorities: St. Nick on a sportbike.
The motorcycle-mounted Santa in the first-person video is YouTuber and Kawasaki Z rider Chris RS, who was riding around Paris in the full Kris Kringle getup—beard included—to make a funny video and generally spread holiday cheer. After all, who wouldn't love to see Santa cruising around town on a red bike?
For one, the driver of this black Renault Clio. Just after 1:10 in the video, as Chris RS/St. Nicolas makes a right turn at a T intersection, you can see the little hatchback blow through a red light, strike a pedestrian in the crosswalk, and keep driving. Chris and another driver immediately try to box in the offender, but she manages to slip past and takes off through the streets of Paris.
Over the next several minutes, our vigilante Santa chases the hit-and-run driver as she forces her way through crowded intersections, drives down the wrong side of the road, and generally earns herself a permanent spot on the naughty list. He comes close to trapping her several times, but she always manages to get around him.
Eventually, Santa finds himself some real backup in the form of two actual police officers on motorcycles, who arrest the driver at gunpoint after he flags them down during the pursuit. Two things of note here: It's commendable that the police realized what was going on and acted so quickly, especially considering the look of confusion you can see on the first officer's face when he's confronted by a panicked Santa in the middle of a traffic jam.
Second, it's impressive how the other witness who originally tried to help box in the driver managed to keep up with the pursuit in an Opel Insignia (sold as the new Buick Regal over here). The woman who was struck in the crosswalk reportedly suffered only bruises and is recovering well.
Even though most of the action takes place in the first six minutes, be sure to stick around for the beautiful sunset tour of Paris as the officers give Santa a police escort back to headquarters to give a statement and presumably hand over the video evidence. Now that must have turned some heads.
- RELATEDWatch This Hit-And-Run Driver Get Into a Another Accident While Being ChasedThis short-live chase ends with a second accident.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Motorcyclist Chase Down a Drunken Hit and Run DriverWho can count the number of traffic laws broken by both parties?READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Mustang Tears Through Six Other Cars in San Diego Hit-and-RunYou stay classy, San Diego.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Motorcyclist Lose Control on a Mountain Road and Plunge Off a CliffHe's reportedly given up riding for good after the terrifying crash.READ NOW
- RELATEDHit-and-Run Killer With Paul Walker Speed Tattoo Sentenced to PrisonA Fast and the Furious fan who ran over a NYC pedestrian gets up to five years.READ NOW