Watch the Dodge Viper ACR Rock A 7:03.45 Nurburgring Lap
This is apparently the fastest a production car has ever lapped the 'Ring with a manual transmission.
The crowdfunded campaign to take back the Dodge Viper ACR's Nordschleife-crown announced a blistering time of 7:03.45earlier this week. Now, in the spirit of "video or it didn't happen," the team has inevitably released the recorded evidence of their latest achievement.
With SRT factory driver Dominik Farnbacher at the helm and Kumho-supplied, stock, street-legal Ecsta V720 tires on its wheels, this 2017 Viper ACR is now not only the fastest production car to lap the 'Ring with three pedals, but the fastest production car to go around the Nordschleife and also be built in America. Your move, Chevy.
We've obviously been no stranger to outrageously quick POV videos of fast cars lapping the German roller coaster that is the Green Hell, but the quickest one yet with a machine hailing from our own shores is quite a sight to behold.
Last we heard, Farnbacher and the team are returning to Germany and gunning for another timed, hot lap in around three weeks time. Is the first American sub-7-minute Nurburgring lap right around the corner? Would make for quite the nice send off for the Dodge's serpent-inspired sports car. Our fingers are crossed.
- RELATEDA 2017 Dodge Viper ACR Lapped The Nurburgring in 7:03.45Dominik Farnbacher set the lap with the support of privateers and crowdfunding.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Privateer Dodge Viper ACR Hit the Nurburgring Ahead of a Lap Record AttemptBetween sponsors and crowdfunding, they intend to send the discontinued Viper off with a bang.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Viper ACR Heading Back to the Nurburgring for a New Record Attempt in JulyA Gofundme account has raised enough money to give America's baddest serpent a crack at the Green Hell.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Viper ACR Goes On Firebreathing Rampage, Kills All the Lap RecordsMeet the new king of Laguna Seca. And Road Atlanta. And 11 other racetracks.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This 2017 Honda NSX Pass Everyone At the NurburgringThe in-car video gives us a good idea of how the new NSX performs at speed.READ NOW