Watch F1 Drivers Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo Race Aston Martins Towing Campers
Hopefully they don't plan on using those campers later.
Formula 1 drivers Max Verstappen and Daniel Ricciardo spend most of their time racing F1 cars for Red Bull, but on occasion, they get to step into something a little less streamlined. In the video below, we see both F1 drivers barreling around Austria's Red Bull Ring in Aston Martin Vanquishes.
However, the F1 drivers aren't piloting your regular Vanquishes. In this case, both cars are towing 800-kilogram (1,760-pound) campers behind them. Verstappen is driving an Aston Martin Vanquish S Volante, while Ricciardo is driving an Aston Martin Vanquish Volante. Even though Verstappen's Vanquish S Volante has 603 horsepower—27 more ponies than Ricciardo's Vanquish Volante—both sports cars rip across the track with equal tire-shredding fury.
Amazingly, both drivers are able to stay on the track while the campers yank their cars in every direction. Max even manages to powerslide through a turn while having the camper hanging back there. This video may serve near-to-no purpose (besides pure entertainment value, of course), but it does serve as a great demonstration of both drivers incredible abilities behind the wheel. Most of us would probably fly off the track within the first ten seconds if we were forced to try and tackle this challenge.
- RELATEDThis Red Bull Global Rallycross Race Is the Most Exciting 10 Laps You'll See All YearThe final race of the Red Bull Global Rallycross from Louisville delivered everything you want in a race, and then some.READ NOW
- RELATEDRed Bull Demands Better F1 Engine Regulations by 2021Unsurprisingly, the constructor isn't happy about current standards.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch A Red Bull F1 Car Race A Superbike At SilverstoneVery rarely does a modern Formula One car get to go head to head against a completely different racing beast on a track.READ NOW
- RELATEDRed Bull Threatens to Leave Formula One Over Engine RulesRed Bull want an "independent engine supplier" option by 2021—but nothing is stopping that from happening now.READ NOW
- RELATEDHeir To Red Bull Fortune Jet Sets While Avoiding TrialVorayuth Yoovidhya killed a Thai police officer with his Ferrari almost five years ago and has been avoiding trial ever since.READ NOW