The Build: Axle Roseth from the Dead
All men must die. But axles? They can come back.
Prepare yourselves, folks, because this installment of The Build marks a significant turning point for the series. Until now, we've largely been preoccupied with taking parts off our diamond-in-the-rough Toyota FJ62. Starting now, however, we're going to be putting things back on.
With the front axle now sufficiently un-f**ked, Ben Preston & Co. set about returning the front wheels' mutual friend to its rightful place beneath the engine compartment. But before the axle makes its way home, they'll have to rebuild it back to factory-fresh appearance. Which, as it turns out, involves a fair amount of work.
- RELATEDThe Build's Essential Wrenchin’ ChecklistAll you need is some tools, some know-how—and maybe a buddy with a forklift.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build, Part III: The Doctor's In, and He’s PissedSo The Drive's Toyota FJ project needs a little more TLC than we thought...READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build, Part V: Machine Shop MagicBehind-the-scenes at Magnum Automotive, where the Chevy V-8 for our Toyota FJ project is coming together nicely.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Build Video: The Goddamn Transfer CaseRemoving the transfer case proves nearly impossible for The Drive's wrench swinger, Ben PrestonREAD NOW
- RELATEDThe Build: Axle FollyEverything is f***ed. Yaaaay!READ NOW