The Best Electric Scooters With Seats (Review & Buying Guide) in 2021
These electric scooters with seats will let you cruise anywhere in comfort
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links. Read more.
BY Heather Fishel / LAST UPDATED ON January 15, 2021
Electric scooters have quickly become a modern alternative to other types of fun transportation, like riding a bike or hitting your neighborhood streets on a traditional kick scooter. Faster, easier to master, and incredibly easy to enjoy, electric scooters are a whole new kind of fun thanks to their electric motors and battery power. There are even different kinds to choose from — like electric scooters with seats.
Opt for an electric scooter with a seat, and you can ride without even standing up. Whether you’re looking for a new way to commute, a fun ride for the whole family, or simply something fun to ride around your neighborhood on the weekends, one of these comfortable and convenient scooters is a great pick. Check out which electric scooters with seats are the best of the bunch in our guide below.
An electric scooter that’s as stylish as it is fun to ride at high speeds.
- Lots of room for carrying cargo
- Large tires offer a smooth ride
- Easy acceleration
- Tires may leak air
- Battery capacity and range decrease over time
An affordable scooter that offers impressive flexibility and versatility.
- Both a scooter and a mini bike
- Two ways to ride
- Can sit or stand while riding
- Top speed may not be as high as advertised
A high-quality, highly premium option that’s well-built and feature-filled.
- Impressively powerful 800-watt motor
- Three speeds plus cruise control
- Made for adults
- High price
- The battery can drain quickly
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, or practical experience with most products we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
Benefits of Electric Scooters With Seats
- Greater flexibility. Not everyone enjoys standing up while riding a scooter, and over long distances, it can be uncomfortable or even painful. Opt for a scooter with a seat, and you’ll have the option to sit down while you ride for more comfort. Some seats are even removable.
- High efficiency. Unlike cars, which require gasoline to run, and other types of transportation like bikes and kick scooters, which require your strength and effort, an electric scooter with a seat is very efficient. All you need is a charged battery to ride easily and efficiently.
- Easy to master. Built to ride without any kicking or pushing necessary, electric scooters with seats are so easy that anyone can master them. Kids and adults alike can enjoy the ease of balancing, riding, and steering these scooters. They also tend to offer great stability for first-time riders.
- Portability. While electric scooters with seats do tend to be larger than your average kick scooters, many are quite portable. Many allow you to remove the seat whenever you’d like, and some models do fold, or collapse, so they can become a more compact, carrying-friendly size.
Types of Electric Scooters With Seats
Electric Scooters With Removable Seats
Electric scooters with removable seats are slimmer scooters that include seats on posts. These seats and their posts can easily be adjusted up or down to meet your height and your comfort level while riding. However, their biggest benefit is the fact that the seat and post can be completely removed. This means you can ride these scooters in a seated position or standing upright, depending on your day-to-day preference.
Electric Scooters With Built-In Seats
If you can’t remove or detach the seat on an electric scooter, then it’s an electric scooter with a built-in seat. These types of scooters tend to be larger and wider, with bigger wheels and seats that are part of the overall design and structure. An electric scooter with a built-in seat tends to offer a larger seat, but the scooter itself will be less portable and heavier in weight.
Since the year 2000 when its very first kick scooters were released, Razor has been one of the leading brands in the scooter space. Now, with a line of modern — and speedy — electric scooters, you can find high-quality scooters with seats like the Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro-Style Electric Scooter and the Razor E300S Seated Electric Scooter.
EverCross is a European electric scooter and hoverboard company that’s been releasing high-performance and high-quality models since 2015. Although EverCross is somewhat new to the market, the brand’s electric scooters with seats like the EverCross Electric Scooter are filled with innovative and high-tech features as well as smart connectivity.
Electric Scooter With Seat Pricing
- $200 to $400: Most electric scooters with seats are priced within this range. These scooters are slim, portable, and typically allow you to remove the seats for added flexibility.
- $400 and up: Larger, more powerful, and higher performance electric scooters tend to cost upwards of $400, with the most impressive options price between $600 and $700. These scooters offer the highest speeds and most capabilities.
Motor and Wattage
An electric scooter’s capability is controlled by the motor and its wattage. A higher-powered motor, or one with a high wattage, can travel faster and offer a higher top speed. A lower-powered motor, such as one with 100 to 300 watts, will have more limitations and a lower maximum speed. If you’re looking to ride fast and have few limits, choose an electric scooter with a high-powered motor.
The battery capacity of any electric scooter with a seat is also critically important. This determines a scooter’s range, or how far you can ride on a single charge. It also determines how many minutes you can ride for. While 12 to 24-volt batteries give you less than an hour of riding time, larger batteries with higher capacities can let you ride for over an hour — or longer.
Wheels or Tires
Although the wheels of any electric scooter aren’t usually a very exciting feature, they are important. The wheels, or the tires on the wheels, help you ride smoothly and with ease. While most wheels are suitable for paved roads and sidewalks, some are even more capable and are built for off-roading on tougher terrains or bumpy roads.
- Look for Adjustable Scooter Seats. If you want a scooter that’ll adapt and grow along with you — or even suit different riders — you’ll want to look for scooters that feature adjustable seats. An adjustable seat is great for growing kids, but it’s also handy if you want extra flexibility so anyone can ride your electric scooter.
- Electric Scooters Can Offer Great Cargo Space. Need to carry items with you on your ride? Whether you’re commuting, riding to class, or just running errands on your electric scooter with a seat, cargo space can be key. Consider features like baskets, luggage racks, or even hidden storage in the seat for extra convenience.
- Take the Weight Limit Into Consideration. Every electric scooter comes with a weight capacity or weight limit. This can determine whether or not a given scooter is a good fit for you, and it can also tell you whether a scooter is for kids or adults. Weight limits can be as low as 155 pounds or as high as 220 pounds.
Best Electric Scooters With Seats Reviews & Recommendations 2021
- Electric scooters with seats offer two options: removable seats and permanent seats. Decide whether you want flexibility or the ability to remove the seat before choosing a model.
- The range of any electric scooter depends on its battery and the battery capacity. A larger capacity will allow you to ride farther and for longer periods.
- Folding scooters are a great choice if you need a high level of portability. Just keep in mind you may need to remove the seat to collapse a folding electric scooter.
Q: How do you charge an electric scooter?
Typically, electric scooters come with chargers so you can easily recharge the batteries. These chargers plug right into any traditional electrical outlet so you can start recharging in your garage, in your home, or anywhere else you have access to an outlet.
Q: How long does the battery last on an electric scooter?
Battery life depends on the model you choose. Electric scooter batteries can last anywhere from 40 minutes to a full hour. And in terms of overall lifespan, all batteries degrade over time and use, meaning they’ll become weaker and less able to hold a long charge after many uses.
Q: Is it safe to ride an electric scooter in rain?
Most electric scooters are water-resistant, which means they’re safe to ride in light rain. They can handle some splashes and a bit of water, but they can’t be submerged and aren’t waterproof. You’ll want to avoid heavy downpours and deep puddles to stay safe, though.
The Razor Pocket Mod Miniature Euro-Style Electric Scooter is our pick for the best electric scooter with a seat, giving you a new way to ride and great performance. The Viro Rides Vega 2-in-1 Transforming Electric Scooter is another great choice, with an affordable price and unique versatility. Which electric scooter with a seat is topping your list?