Barons Bring Gorgeous Mercedes-Benz 230 SL Pagoda and Jaguar E-Type to Auction
Once owned by the Sultan of Brunei, these are two truly amazing drop tops.
With Drive it Day quickly approaching Barons Auctions has acquired several beautiful cars from the Sultan of Brunei. However, the two highlights of the fleet are a 1964 Mercedes-Benz 230 SL Pagoda and a 1973 V12 Jaguar E-Type. Both vehicles were impeccably cared for, the 1964 Mercedes-Benz has only acquired 8,500 miles since 1988 and is expected to go for a pretty penny, between $94,080-$112,896 to be exact.
The gorgeous 1964 Mercedes-Benz 230 SL Pagoda was one of 19,831 made between 1964 and 1967, however far less are on the road today. The 230 SL Pagoda was powered by an inline-six making only 150 hp and 145 lb-ft of torque. Still, the car’s looks far outweigh the power delivery.
The 1973 V12 Jaguar E-Type packs a little more punch with a 5.3-liter V12 pumping out 272 hp and hitting 60 mph in under seven seconds. The E-Type is projected to go between $75,264 and $94,080.
If both of these vehicles are out of your price range, the Spring Classic at Sandown Park will have plenty of more affordable options.
- RELATEDMecum Auctions Puts Second Ever 1965 Ford Mustang on Auction BlockThe Mustang was built so early on that some of the sheetmetal is stamped preproduction.READ NOW
- RELATEDAppreciate This 1974 Pontiac Trans Am SD-455, Hitting Mecum Auction BlockThe cherry Trans Am could go for more than $100,000.READ NOW
- RELATED'Wayne's World' Pacer Was the Star of the Barrett-Jackson Auction, If You're Stoned, MaybeStill, it couldn't bring the price of the "Pawn Stars" Rolls-Royce.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche-Only Auction To Feature Peter Gregg & Hurley Haywood Racing SuitsAlso available; dealership signage, engines, road car and racing memorabilia, and twenty-six cars.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Amelia Island Porsche Auction Results & AnalysisSee all 18.7 million dollars worth of Porsche auction lots from the three major auction houses with realized prices and market analysis, in one placeREAD NOW