Teens Arrested After Not Knowing How to Drive the Manual Car They Tried to Steal
Manual transmission - 1; Car thieves - 0
According to Toronto's police, it all went down when a 22-year-old man parked his car at a secure lot at the city's York University late last week. Upon exiting the vehicle, he was apparently followed by the two young suspects who seemed to be waiting for him. "As the victim neared one of the university buildings, he was ambushed from behind and put into a headlock," reads the police report. "A handgun was pressed into his stomach and a demand was made for property."
The man allegedly surrendered his phone, cash, other belongings, and car keys before the armed robbers went to steal his car. To their misfortune, they were met with three pedals, a weird lever in the middle, and Prindle mysteriously nowhere to be found.
Realizing they had no idea how to drive the car away, the youths resorted to ransacking the vehicle of items and fleeing on foot. Eventually, the two teenaged boys, aged 17 and 15, were arrested and both face a bevy of charges including forcible confinement, robbery with a firearm, and unauthorized possession of a firearm.
Police say a "semi-automatic pistol" was recovered. One Toronto car owner is probably quite thankful his car wasn't a "semi-automatic" as well.
Got a tip? Send us a note: firstname.lastname@example.org
- RELATEDElectric Vehicles Now Outsell Cars With Manual Transmissions in the US: ReportThe future is now, old man.READ NOW
- RELATEDToronto Mayor Says Men In Loud Cars Are Compensating for 'Inadequacies'Mayor John Tory isn't holding back when it comes to what he thinks of guys in irritatingly loud vehicles.READ NOW
- RELATEDFour Youths Arrested for Vandalizing Thousands of Dollars Worth of Pristine Model TrainsA crowdfunding page set up to help the model railway club has raised over $100,000 thus far.READ NOW
- RELATEDReckless 14-Year-Old Crashes Into Lamborghini Urus With Stolen Subaru ForesterThe juvenile attempted to flee police a second time but failed to make it more than a block before t-boning the $300k SUV.READ NOW
- RELATEDVintage Car Heist Results in Ford Mustang and Chevrolet Camaro Stolen From 234-Year-Old BarnThe swiped '66 Mustang and '69 Camaro were apparently worth a considerable amount collectively.READ NOW