Ford Announces Special-Edition RTR Upgrade Package for Mustang
Ford will sell only 500 of the unique RTR package through its dealer network.
Ford announced Monday that it has teamed up with RTR Vehicles to design a limited-run upgrade package for its Ford Mustang pony car.
Called the Series One Mustang RTR package, it can be installed on any current-generation Ford Mustang EcoBoost or GT equipped with the Performance Pack One. Only 500 will be available through Ford dealers starting in early 2019, where customers can have the kits installed by Ford technicians to retain the warranties on their cars.
Included as part of the package are a handful of performance upgrades and a plethora of cosmetic mods. Adjustable sway bars and a staggered 19-inch wheel setup (9.5 inch-wide fronts, 10 inch-wide rears) augments its grip at all speeds, while RTR adds a Gurney flap to the car's spoiler to boost downforce at high speeds.
Appearance mods are more extensive, the most obvious being those made to the Mustang's front end. Lights bookend an RTR grille and streaky decals follow the hood and fender lines to accent the car's contours. RTR logos can be found on the fenders, grille, floor mats, and shift knob, while puddle lights project an RTR onto the ground with the doors open. If anyone doubts that they’re gazing upon a real RTR Mustang, they need only look to the illuminated, numbered RTR dash plaque to verify its authenticity.
"Our goal was to take the driving and owner experience of the iconic Ford Mustang to the next level," said Vaugh Gittin Junior, pro drifter and president of RTR Vehicles. "This collaboration has created a Mustang that offers smile-inducing street driving, diverse capability on the track and a very distinctive owner experience for those looking to stand out from the crowd."
Ford has not said anything about what the RTR package will cost customers. The Drive reached out for more information from the company, and we'll update when we hear back.
- RELATEDWatch Vaughn Gittin Jr. Drift His Ford Mustang Around the Entire NurburgringThe popular drifter became the first person to drift the entire 12.9-mile Nordschleife.READ NOW
- RELATEDPower-Sliding the 2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt: Drifting the Tires Off the New McQueen Muscle CarWhat do you do when you've got a 480-hp retro-inspired muscle car and an open track to play on? Get sideways, of course.READ NOW
- RELATEDPoetic Ford Mustang Ad Banned in Great Britain For Promoting 'Unsafe Driving'Rage against the dying of the light...but at a sensible speed, please.READ NOW
- RELATEDFront Fascia of SEMA-Bound 2019 Chevrolet Camaro Will Go Into Production: ReportChevrolet gets one more shot at making the 2019 Camaro SS a good looking sports car.READ NOW
- RELATEDMopar Teases New Hellcat-Based Crate Engine Thought to Be Return of 426 Hemi 'Elephant'Mopar promises "something big" is on the way, and whatever it is, it's big enough to stomp out the Hellcat.READ NOW