Bugatti Is Reportedly Bringing an Even More Extreme Chiron to Geneva in 2019
A Chiron Super Sport may be just around the corner.
As if the Chiron Sport and Divo weren't hardcore or exclusive enough, Bugatti is apparently cooking up another limited-run car slated to debut at next year's Geneva Motor Show.
According to unnamed sources from The Supercar Blog, design sketches of an even more extreme Chiron were shown to a select group of VIP Bugatti clients at the Divo's public reveal in August. The upcoming hypercar has been described as "a beauty of speed" and a "ground-to-ground missile." Powered by the brand's signature 8.0-liter, quad-turbo W-16 engine, it'll apparently be optimized to produce even more power than the 1500-horsepower Divo and "base" Chiron.
The report also says that the new car will, like the $5.8 million Divo, be produced in extremely limited numbers—somewhere between 20 and 40 units, to be exact. Only 40 Divos were made and all of them were sold out at the time of unveiling. The Supercar Blog says "some" allocations of the new Bugatti are already accounted for so if you'd like your hands on Molsheim's latest creation sight unseen, you'd better make some phone calls ASAP.
If we had to guess, it sounds an awful lot like Bugatti is preparing to introduce a Super Sport version of the Chiron, just like it did with the Veyron. The Veyron Super Sport boasted 200 more horsepower, tweaked aerodynamics, was limited to 30 units, and was the fastest production car in the world at the time with a top speed of 268 miles per hour.
- RELATED2018 Bugatti Chiron Review: The Next Stage in Automotive RocketryThe $3 million, 1,500-horsepower Chiron forces the brain to reconsider the meaning of speed.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Bugatti Divo Exists Because Lamborghini's Special Edition Supercars Are So SuccessfulWhile at Lambo, Stephan Winkelmann learned the value of super-rare limited-run sports cars—so he brought the lessons to his new job at Bugatti.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche to Take Control of Bugatti, Bentley, and Lamborghini: ReportThe VW Group is reportedly planning to restructure the hierarchy of its premium brands.READ NOW
- RELATEDLego Built a Full-Size Bugatti Chiron That Actually DrivesIt's the first life-size Lego car ever built that can move under its own power.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 1,478-Horsepower Bugatti Divo Costs $5.8 MillionAnd you can't have one, because they sold out months ago.READ NOW