Recording Artist T-Pain Wants to Take on Drifting
The drift community is embracing the Auto-Tune maestro's dream to go sliding around.
The list of celebrities who have attempted to use their good fortune to go racing is a long one. The late Paul Walker started a performance shop and hit the track on weekends, Paul Newman raced and owned teams in various series, and Michael Fassbender has been racing (and winning) in the Ferrari Challenge this year. Others include James Garner, Steve McQueen and James Dean, to name a few.
Recording artist T-Pain apparently wants to add his name to that lineup.
Recently, the Florida-born artist tweeted saying that he wants to practice drifting, asking if anyone knows of a good open space in the Atlanta area.
Awkwardly, the official Walmart Twitter account commented on T-Pain's request, advising him to drift shopping carts, not cars.
Professional and well-known DJ deadmau5 then shut Walmart down...hard.
After that exchange, a day or so later, T-Pain put out another post saying that he had acquired a 1995 Nissan 240SX S14 drift car. T-Pain's new ride has been V8 swapped with a Chevrolet LS3 engine and, according to him, all he needed was seat time and gear.
Recently, T-Pain posted up a photoshoot of him dressed to hit the track with a full race suit alongside his S14.
Since coming out with his urge to slide, the drift community has embraced T-Pain. The rapper turned singer's car featured Hoonigan decals when he bought it and, when Hoonigan saw the car, they commented "Oh word...We gotta have you come party in the yard." The host of Maximum Driftcast and professional driver Corey Hosford mentioned on the most recent episode of the show that he has been in contact with T-Pain since then.
- RELATEDTake a Behind the Scenes Look at RAD Industries' Formula Drift Team HQThe Drive recently took a detailed tour of RAD Industries, home-base for Formula Drift driver Dan Burkett.READ NOW
- RELATEDFredric Aasbo Grabs the Win at Formula Drift St. LouisAasbo takes his second win of the 2018 FD season at Gateway Motorsports Park.READ NOW
- RELATEDGet a Crew View of Formula Drift Driver Matt FieldHoonigan follows FD driver Matt Field and his team for the first full episode of Crew View.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Stephan Papadakis Disassemble a 1000-HP Four-Cylinder Formula Drift Race EngineOne of the winningest teams in Formula Drift history shows you every nook and cranny of its 1000-horsepower engine.READ NOW
- RELATEDKeep Drifting Fun Super D Cup Meihan 2017 Short FilmWill Roegge and Brandon Kado released a short film of their trip to Super D Cup 2017.READ NOW