Watch the Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE Demolish the Nürburgring
Can the ZL1 1LE beat the regular ZL1's 7:29 lap time it around the 'Ring?
Getting a car to hustle around the 12.9-mile Nürburgring Nordschleife in less than 7 and a half minutes requires a lot of testing, a lot of power, and an amazing driver. From the looks of this YouTube video, Chevy's new top-of-the-line, track-ready Camaro ZL1 1LE seems to have what it takes to do just that...and maybe even more.
In this YouTube video, we see the ZL1 1LE getting acquainted with the auto industry's most popular race track. From the clip, it's unclear if the driver of the car is attempting a 'Ring record or just performing additional stress testing of sorts on the track-friendly muscle car, but this insanely-powerful Camaro sure does look happy to be out on the Green Hell.
The current-generation Camaro ZL1 smashed the previous car's 'Ring record by nearly 12 seconds with a new time of 7 minutes, 29.6 seconds, which seens unreasonably quick for a muscle car. But with the additional aero, reworked suspension, and a new tires setup, we at The Drive imagine the 1LE trim could best even that ultra-quick lap time.
On an unrelated note: The 'Ring sticker on the right side of this 1LE's rear bumper is a nice touch.
- RELATEDFirst Chevy Camaro ZL1 1LE Sells for $250,000 at AuctionBarrett-Jackson unloads the first customer ZL1 1LE in the name of charity.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe First Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE Will Be Auctioned Off for CharityMake sure your checkbook is ready.READ NOW
- RELATEDOregon Man Fined $500 for Criticizing Red Light Cameras, Not Being an EngineerState Board claims only licensed engineers can publicly engage in "mathematical criticism" of its traffic technology.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Mustang Versus Chevy Camaro Rivalry Growing in ChinaDetroit muscle is gaining popularity in the East.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Hennessey's 1,000-HP Chevy Camaro ZL1 "The Exorcist" Do an Insane BurnoutThe Dodge Challenger Demon may already be in trouble.READ NOW