Take a Look Inside Porsche Tuner BBi Autosport
Gears and Gasoline sits down with Betim Berisha to get an inside look of BBi Autosport.
Automotive YouTube channel Gears and Gasoline has been putting out some great feature videos as of late. Prior videos had them getting to know people like /DRIVE on NBC Sports host Matt Farah and well known automotive photographer Larry Chen. We featured a prior video of Gears and Gasoline showing you the ultimate Subaru couple, and this week, Gears and Gasoline has sat down with Betim Berisha, the owner of BBi Autosport, a well known Porsche tuner located in Huntington Beach, California.
In Gears and Gasoline's video, you get a behind the scenes look at BBi Autosport's garage. Berisha talks about why BBi Autosport focuses on specifically tuning Porsche 911s. "Porsche, specifically the 911 platform is to be such a mod friendly platform because it's so overbuilt," said Berisha. In the video, he says that many 911s with a stock bottom end are capable of safely putting 800 horsepower to the tires and a Porsche stock transmission, as long as it is "treated right," can take 1,000 horsepower. He believes in the platform so much that he has a Porsche 911 with 1,200 horsepower which has been running, on average, 35 pounds of boost for the last 17,000 miles.
Berisha goes on to talk more about his love of Porsches and the 911 platform as well as the comradery between turners in the tuning world. For more details, check out Gears and Gasoline's video on Porsche tuner BBi Autosport below.
- RELATEDDoing Donuts In BBi Autosport's "Project Swan" 997 TurboBetim Berisha of BBi visits the Hoonigan Donut Garage and turns tires into smoke.READ NOW
- RELATEDBBI Autosport Convincingly Wins /Drive Tuner Shootout With A Mega 997 TurboWhat happens when you give BBI Autosport a blank check? Magic.READ NOW
- RELATEDNext Porsche 911 GT3 Will Reportedly Go Turbo, PDK-Only, and Have 550 HPIf a new report is to be believed, the ‘992’ GT3 will get forced induction and lose the clutch pedal.READ NOW
- RELATEDDriving the Gunther Werks 400R: Meet the 993-Generation 911 GT3 RS Porsche Never MadeWhat's it like to climb behind the wheel of a stripped-down, carbon fiber-bodied, 430-horsepower 993? You might need to invent some new expletives.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Porsche 918 Spyder and 911 R Come as a Matching SetThese rare Porsches are inseparable thanks to matching serial numbers.READ NOW