The 787-HP Hennessey Shelby GT350R Sounds Like Dirty Voodoo Magic
Flat-plane crank music to our ears.
You probably never knew the Shelby GT350R could sound any better, but after watching this video, you'll soon realize that a supercharger tends to make everything cooler (and louder). Hennessey's skunkworks is always up to something, often more than the team leads on, and the latest is a 787-horsepower Voodoo monster with its sights set on a certain kitty. A mix of mega-horsepower and track-capability make for an especially lustful machine, and with a sound like this, it's the complete package.
While the Texas tuner has already fiddled with other monster-muscle cars like the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat and Chevrolet Camaro ZL1, this GT350R is of a different breed. It does its job of harkening back to the snake often associated with Shelby thanks to its potent 5.2-liter flat-plane crank V8, one that Hennessey has been able to extract around 300 extra horsepower out of.
Power figures at the end of this dyno run show nearly 800 horsepower, and when adjusted for drivetrain loss, that's a massive figure that's reaching into hypercar territory. Not to mention the mountainous gains in torque from 362-pound feet in stock form to 555-pound feet in this application. If you thought it was wicked before, just listen to the Voodoo now.
The anger behind this thing is real. Watch how it bites as soon as the loud-pedal gets pressed, yanking the car back on the rolling road and showing signs of what it could do on the street. If this isn't enough twist for you, you may have an unfulfilled desire because it doesn't get much crazier than this for a road car.
- RELATEDListen to a $1.9 Million Lamborghini Centenario Rev Off Against a Shelby GT350RThese two might be worlds apart price wise, but damn, do both of them sound good.READ NOW
- RELATEDJay Leno’s 2015 Shelby GT350R Sounds IncredibleCarroll Shelby would approve this macho Mustang.READ NOW
- RELATEDShelby GT350 Ford Mustang Continues Unchanged for 2018 Model YearAnd we all ought to be thankful for that.READ NOW
- RELATEDFord Focus RS Versus Shelby GT350 Mustang Drag Race Almost Too Close to CallThe Focus RS managed to hold the GT350 off at the line, but it couldn't quite keep that up all the way.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Hennessey's 1,000-HP Chevy Camaro ZL1 "The Exorcist" Do an Insane BurnoutThe Dodge Challenger Demon may already be in trouble.READ NOW