Watch The Insane Baby Driver Opening Scene In Its Entirety
If anything, this video is a nice ode to an old Subaru WRX
The highly anticipated Baby Driver movie has been out since June 28th and there are a handful of you who have yet to see it. Fortunately, Sony Pictures has released the full six minutes of the opening scene. The movie starts off with a driver named Baby (Ansel Elgort) waiting outside a bank in a 10 year old Subaru WRX. Once his associates finish business inside, the scene evolves into an elaborate evasion from police.
Baby pulls high-speed drifts, J-turns, burnouts, and just about every trick in the Hollywood stunt book to avoid the Atlanta Police Department. According to previous articles, Ansel Elgort underwent extensive stunt driving lessons to perform in this role and he conducts the majority of his own stunts.
Sadly, it look like the beloved red Subaru WRX is left for dead in a parking garage at the end of the scene. The only other criticism I have about the opening scene is that the movie assumes the public will have difficulty differentiating between a Subaru WRX, Volkswagen Jetta and Chevy Cruze.
- RELATEDBaby Driver Star Ansel Elgort Kept an Old Subaru WRX Used in FilmingA car guy's version of the classic "fall in love on a movie set" story.READ NOW
- RELATED'Baby Driver' Release Date Pushed up to June 28thBest Subaru commercial ever joins Cars 3 and Transformers 5 in theaters this June.READ NOW
- RELATEDBaby Driver Trailer Shows a Subaru WRX Getting SidewaysThere's also a Dodge Challenger.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Subaru Rally Team USA's David Higgins Dramatic Mt. Washington CrashThe former record holder hit a rock that spun him over the side of the road.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 554-HP Supercharged, LSx-Powered Subaru Forester Is Wickedly LoudListen to "Project Arkham" terrorize the 'burbs.READ NOW