Watch This 505-HP Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio Hit 176 MPH on the Autobahn
The Quadrifoglio's top speed is 191 MPH, but this is pretty damn close.
For us car-enthusiast Americans, there's no other highway system in the world that sings to us like the German autobahn with its unrestricted sections. That's because when you have a car like the 505-horsepower Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio that has a top speed of 191 miles per hour, you can really stretch its legs.
In a video uploaded to YouTube Tuesday, we get a short tour of the autobahn from behind the wheel of a Giulia. As the driver navigated through traffic—mostly by sticking in the left lane—he or she was able to maintain the casual Autobahn speed of about 80 miles per hour. But once the driver found an open stretch of road, he or she managed to let the Giulia loose.
Using the Giulia's 505-horsepower 2.9-liter twin-turbocharged V6, the driver managed 176 MPH. It's not exactly the 191-MPH top speed, but hey, it was raining.
We'll give them a break.
- RELATEDAlfa Romeo Stelvio Will Start at $41,995, Hit Showrooms This SummerDetails on the 510-horsepower Quadrifoglio version will be announced later this year.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrool Over this Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint SpecialeIs this BaT listing the best looking Alfa ever?READ NOW
- RELATEDSymphonies For Cheap: 1991 Alfa Romeo 164 Busso V6With an OBO price of $2,500, what's stopping you?READ NOW
- RELATEDFor Sale: Alfa Romeo Giulia Rollover SpecialA 99 percent discount for a Quadrifoglio that rolled, and rolled, and rolled...READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Alfa Romeo 164 Procar Is the Silliest Race Car Ever MadeIt would be a top-shelf sleeper, were it road legal.READ NOW