Best Mesh Motorcycle Jackets: Ride Comfortably in the Summer
Stay cool on your ride with these mesh motorcycle jackets
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.Read more.
PUBLISHED ON November 5, 2019
There are several types of motorcycle jackets to consider, and choosing the best one can be challenging. While leather motorcycle jackets may be the most popular, durable mesh offers the same protection and comfort. During the summer, mesh is more breathable and allows air to flow through to keep you cool on the ride. If you need a new jacket, consider one of these mesh motorcycle jackets.
- Best OverallAlpinestars T-Faster Air Textile Street Motorcycle JacketSummarySummaryA modern and sleek motorcycle jacket developed out of thick mesh panels on the back, chest, and sleeves for cooling performance.ProsProsThe panels are large and stretchy for additional comfort and movement. It features level 1 CE-certified bio armor shoulder and elbow protectors and breathes easily and comfortably.ConsConsThe zipper is small and can be difficult to zip up and down. Plus, it only comes in black (with small colored accents), which may get hot during the summer.
- Best ValueViking Cycle Warlock Mesh Motorcycle JacketSummarySummaryA lightweight and breathable mesh motorcycle jacket with a cooling mesh shell that covers your back, torso, and arms.ProsProsIt features a spine pad and pocket to protect your back and shoulder, and elbow armor for your upper body. It works great on sunny warm days and includes a liner for use in spring and fall, plus it includes several pockets for versatility.ConsConsThe zippers can be a pain and a hassle, the back protector is a flimsy piece of foam, and it tends to run small so you may need to order a size larger.
- Honorable MentionJoe Rocket Phoenix 5.0 Men's Mesh Motorcycle Riding JacketSummarySummaryA stylish motorcycle jacket developed out of a blend of poly and mesh fabrics that is reinforced with thick padding in the shoulders, elbows, and ribs.ProsProsIt offers full upper-body protection and features large spine armor that is sculpted out of high-density padding. It offers a great amount of air ventilation to keep you cool in hot temperatures and warm when it’s cold.ConsConsThe square zippers aren’t the best and can easily get caught. Also, the interior pocket is snug and tiny, and it may run a bit small.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience with each product we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
- Mesh jackets offer better ventilation to keep you cooler on the road. If you plan on riding in warmer weather, you should consider a jacket with a good amount of ventilation to avoid sweating.
- If you plan on riding in colder months, a mesh jacket isn’t the best choice. Get outerwear that offers plenty of room underneath to allow for layers so you are warmer.
- Make sure your accessories, like a cell phone, keys, and wallet, are stored somewhere safe and secure inside the jacket before starting your ride. It can be dangerous if the gear pokes through the material and stabs into your skin.
- In addition to a jacket, wear a pair of motorcycle gloves and helmet to better protect yourself in case you’re involved in an accident.
Q: Do all mesh motorcycle jackets come with a liner?
A: Check with the manufacturer or look at the jacket before purchasing to make sure it comes with one. A liner is placed inside a jacket to keep you warmer in colder months. You can always buy a separate one to put inside the jacket if you need to.
Q: How do I wash a mesh motorcycle jacket?
A: Unlike leather, you may be able to put a mesh jacket in the washing machine. Double-check the tag just to be sure. Remove the pads and the inner liner before you toss it into the machine with cold water.
Q: What size mesh motorcycle jacket do I need?
A: Consult the manufacturer's sizing chart before making a purchase. Motorcycle jackets tend to run snug, so you may want to order a larger size. Also, think about whether you need to wear layers underneath the jacket.
For a sleek and breathable mesh motorcycle jacket, consider the Alpinestars T-Faster Air Textile Street Motorcycle Jacket. Or there’s the Viking Cycle Warlock Mesh Motorcycle Jacket, which is less expensive, stylish, and protects your upper body on the ride.