Best Waterproof Motorcycle Gloves: Stay Dry in the Rain
These top waterproof motorcycle gloves will come in handy when it rains
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.Read more.
PUBLISHED ON October 7, 2019
Sometimes you get caught in the rain on your bike, while other times you may plan for a rainy adventure. Either way, it's important to be prepared by having the right gear, which includes a pair of waterproof motorcycle gloves. It's a much-needed accessory for all bikers, especially those who aren't afraid of a few raindrops. Check out some of the best waterproof motorcycle gloves available.
- Best OverallKEMIMOTO Waterproof Motorbike Gloves with Hard Knuckle ProtectionSummarySummaryThe outermost layer is nylon taslon, water-resistant, and durable. The second layer features a PVC waterproof film that keeps your hands from getting wet.ProsProsThese gloves are very comfortable, warm, and waterproof. The two-layer knuckle armor protects your hands from impact damage, and they have a touchscreen fingertip.ConsConsThey aren't completely waterproof in downpour conditions. Sizes run small, so you should order one size up, and they may have a strong odor.
- Best ValueSCOYCO Men's Gloves Black with Microfiber Hard Knuckle, WaterproofSummarySummaryThe gloves feature a knuckle fiberglass shell, rubber protection on the joints, breathable mesh fabric, and wear-resistant microfiber on the palm.ProsProsThese lightweight, waterproof gloves are flexible, breathable, durable, and fit well. They are comfortable and provide excellent grip.ConsConsThey are not intended for winter riding. The rubber on the back may make the gloves feel stiff and uncomfortable when riding.
- Honorable MentionBILT Tempest Waterproof Textile Motorcycle GlovesSummarySummaryThese gloves are 100 percent waterproof and feature a 400 denier durable fabric outer layer. They have a pre-curved fit to reduce bulk and are fully lined with neoprene stretch knuckles.ProsProsThe gloves repel water, provide good grip, and keep your hands warm even in frigid temperatures. They do not interfere while operating your bike.ConsConsYour hands may get wet in a soaking rain, and they may fall apart on the inside over a short period of time.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience with each product we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
- Proper size is critical. If the gloves are too loose, they won't provide as much protection during an impact. If they're too tight, they will be uncomfortable and you won't want to wear them. Make sure you choose a pair that fits properly.
- Textile gloves are better than leather gloves when it comes to waterproofing capabilities. While some leather gloves provide a little protection, textile gloves tend to have superior waterproof seals.
- If you're caught in the rain wearing leather gloves, do not store them when they're wet. Let them dry at room temperature, so they don't mold. Avoid putting them in a dryer or on top of a radiator because that may cause them to crack.
Q: Can I just use any pair of waterproof gloves on my motorcycle?
A: Motorcycle-specific waterproof gloves tend to be less bulky than other types of gloves. If you purchase a pair that’s meant for skiing, for example, they may make it hard to operate functions such as your bike’s signals, clutch, or brakes.
Q: Can I use a touchscreen with waterproof gloves?
A: Some brands design their waterproof gloves with a touchscreen fingertip, so check the product’s description to see if it includes this feature.
Q: Are waterproof motorcycle gloves washable?
A: Read the manufacturer’s instructions. If you’re not sure, you can hand wash the gloves. If you do decide to put them in a washing machine, do not use bleach, and line dries them.
Our pick for the best waterproof motorcycle gloves is the KEMIMOTO Waterproof Motorbike Gloves with Hard Knuckle Protection. They're made with waterproof material, are very comfortable, and have a touchscreen fingertip for added convenience.
For a more budget-friendly option, consider the SCOYCO Men's Gloves Black with Microfiber Hard Knuckle, Waterproof.