Best Car Microfiber Towels: Clean Your Car without Worry
These are the best microfiber towels that won't damage your vehicle's exterior
The Drive and its partners may earn a commission if you purchase a product through one of our links.Read more.
PUBLISHED ON October 8, 2019
Getting a clean finish on a vehicle takes the right tools and cleaning solutions. While the right polish or wax is an important consideration, the right applicator will keep you from scratching the surface of the vehicle. Microfiber towels are a popular option for this since they are soft and absorbent enough to clean a vehicle without damaging the exterior. For the best microfiber towels for your vehicle, read on for our guide.
- Best OverallPolyte Microfiber Cleaning TowelSummarySummaryOne of the best multi-towel packs you can buy to add a whole supply of microfiber towels to your garage or home cleaning setup.ProsProsLarge towel size makes it easy to clean up large spills or to cover a lot of surface area around a vehicle for waxing or polishing.ConsConsThe quality of each towel in the pack varies. Some towels start to rip or otherwise degrade after a few uses. Others last a long time.
- Best ValueSINLAND 720gsm Ultra Thick Plush Microfiber Car Cleaning TowelsSummarySummaryA pack of multi-colored microfiber car towels that offer a good balance between budget-friendly pricing and decent performance.ProsProsThe surface is extremely soft and does a good job of resisting marking up the car's surface while polishing or waxing a vehicle.ConsConsThe towels can come dirty, so a prewash may be required before using them for the first time.
- Honorable MentionChemical Guys MIC_1995 Woolly Mammoth Microfiber Dryer TowelSummarySummaryA premium microfiber towel from one of the top names in the car detailing industry.ProsProsHigh-quality materials and construction that absorbs and holds a lot of water while drying the exterior of a vehicle.ConsConsLint can get left behind on the vehicle's exterior after some use. Some paint styles make it difficult to slide the towel across the surface quickly.
Why Trust Us
All of our reviews are based on market research, expert input, and practical experience with each product we include. This way, we offer genuine, accurate guides to help you find the best picks.
- If possible, have an assortment of towel sizes on hand for different projects. The different sizes will come in handy for different parts of the vehicle.
- A high-quality microfiber towel will resist tearing or ripping after a few uses.
- Each towel manufacturer uses slightly different materials for their microfiber cloth surfaces, so test a few out before buying one to get a sense of how each one performs.
Q. Why can't I use a regular towel to clean my vehicle?
A. Normal towels are too hard to use on delicate body panels. Using a microfiber towel, on the other hand, won't scratch the surface because the material is soft.
Q. How absorbent should a microfiber towel be?
A. There is no specific amount, but the towel should avoid just pushing the water around as you clean the surface.
For the best of the best (and a few extra towels), we recommend checking out the Polyte Microfiber Cleaning Towel.
Another great microfiber towel option is the SINLAND 720gsm Ultra Thick Plush Microfiber Car Cleaning Towels.