British Police Department Gifted a Porsche Cayman GT4 to Educate Young Drivers
Instead of seeing track use, this GT4 will be serving an important purpose for the Norfolk Constabulary.
When we at The Drive picture a police car, our minds go directly to proven workhorses like the Ford Crown Victoria, the Interceptor, or the Dodge Charger. But as the folks in the Dubai Police Force have taught us, there's nothing with going beyond the standard law enforcement fleet choices for something more exciting. Some British cops are going to learn that as well, since their agency was just gifted a Porsche Cayman GT4.
The Norfolk Constabulary was given a GT4 by the Lind Trust charity as part of a push to better educate newer drivers on road safety, according to a press release. The car, which has been decked out in full police livery and emergency lights, will serve the police force for two years, the release said.
"Engagement and education are vital elements of the work on road safety undertaken by roads policing officers," said Chief Constable Simon Bailey in a press release. "I’m confident the use of the Porsche will help break down barriers and enable officers to speak with young drivers and provide road safety advice.”
The chief believes the 385-horsepower track-ready GT4 will be an eye catcher for the department, and that's exactly what he wants.
"The GT4 will certainly attract a lot of attention – but that’s the whole idea," he said. "We hope the car will act as a conversation starter, which gives us the opportunity to engage with people, but more importantly those hard-to-reach groups like young drivers, and offer practical advice as well as describing what can happen when things go wrong.”
Now if we could just get video of this thing pursuing baddies, that'd be sick.
- RELATEDThis Rubystone Red Porsche Carrera GT Is A KeeperYouTube supercar personality Salomondrin has decided to keep his Carrera GT, and all it took was a tunnel.READ NOW
- RELATEDMaking Really Fast Pretzels With Porsche Motorsport In FlachtThe small German town where the motorsport Porsches are made.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe McLaren 570S GT4 Has LandedThe first of the supercars has been delivered to a private owner, and we got the first look.READ NOW
- RELATEDHere's the New Chevy Camaro GT4.R Race Car in the FleshStickered up and all.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Audi 90 IMSA GTO Spit Flames All Over The TrackThis classic footage from Sears Point is something special.READ NOW