Hollywood's Gearhead Jay Leno Will Host 'Dream Car Week' on The Price is Right
Leno hopes to hand off the keys of a Jaguar F-Type this coming Monday, as well as a Land Rover, Tesla, and even Porsche.
Next week, CBS long-time game show The Price is Right will host a full week of potential luxury car giveaways as part of its special "Dream Car Week." These dream rides will include a Tesla, Porsche, Jaguar and many other cars on the stage as possible prizes for the lucky contestants. Gearhead and Hollywood superstar Jay Leno will make a cameo as a guest host for the show on its kickoff date of Monday, where he will give away his personally selected favorite of the bunch: a 2019 Jaguar F-Type convertible.
Each of the show's contestants will have a chance to drive away in the day's prize car if their wheel spins land twice on the $1 prize slots. At 11:00 a.m. ET on Monday, May 27, with car lover Leno there in the flesh, the show's big giveaway for the day will be the aforementioned Jaguar. Tuesday, it'll be another convertible, in the form of 2019 Porsche 718 Boxster, but starting Wednesday, things get practical, with a Tesla Model 3 rolling on stage. Land Rover takes the spotlight on Thursday with a 2019 Range Rover Velar S SUV sitting pretty on the plinth, and the week rounds off Friday, May 31, with the giveaway of a 2019 Maserati Ghibli.
Assuming base price for each model, before taxes the above vehicles have a combined market value of at least $284,430, a quarter of which is made up by the costliest model on offer: the Maserati Ghibli. With its recent, comprehensive overhaul, we declared the Ghibli's rebirth a memorable triumph. If one contestant is lucky enough, they'll see just what we're talking about next Friday, when the episode airs.
And even if you're not the game show type, watching Leno struggle along on this goofy little tricycle might make tuning in worth your time.
- RELATEDJaguar Wants Buyers to Pay an Extra $10,000 for Checkered Flag Badges On an F-TypeThe F-Type 'Checkered Flag Limited Edition' celebrates Jaguar's rich sports car pedigree.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Tesla Model 3 Put Up Solid Fight Against BMW M2 on the NurburgringSilent but deadly.READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Porsche 718 Boxster and Cayman T: The No-Nonsense, Lightweight 2-Seater You NeedFinally, Porsche applies its weight-ditching, track-focused philosophy to the models many believe to be the most fun P-cars on sale today.READ NOW
- RELATEDFerrari 488 Spider and Maserati Ghibli Collide Head-On in Extremely Pricey LA CrashThe drivers reportedly 'blamed each other for being under the influence.'READ NOW
- RELATED2020 Range Rover Velar SVAutobiography Dynamic Edition: Horsepower and Panache OverloadThe new Velar trim borrows some of the best bits and pieces of other memorable Land Rover vehicles.READ NOW