Aston Martin DBS GT Zagato: Your First Look at the Ultra-Limited Grand Tourer
It'll be sold as a pair alongside the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation.
To celebrate the 100th birthday of Italian coachbuilder Zagato, Aston Martin is coming out with an uber-limited pair of cars it's calling the DBZ Centenary Collection. Limited to just 19 allocations and priced at a lofty $7.9 million, the collection consists of the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation and the car you see above in rendering form: the DBS GT Zagato.
Based on the DBS Superleggera, the DBS GT Zagato was inspired by the DB4 and features even more sensual bodywork, including a double-bubble roof design that extends to the rear window, a bit like Adam West's Batmobile. An inverted double-bubble hood, enormous grille, wraparound windshield, and Zagato's signature taillights round out the rest of the car.
"In the DB4 GT Zagato Continuation, we have one of the world’s most beautiful and instantly recognizable pieces of car design," said Aston Martin Chief Creative Officer Marek Reichman. "Creating a car fit to stand alongside it was always going to be a formidable challenge, but also a great motivation. Both design teams at Aston Martin and Zagato have together risen to the task magnificently; taking the already fabulous DBS Superleggera and shaping something which retains its identity as an Aston Martin, but expresses itself as only a Zagato can."
Presumably, the Zagato-designed DBS will get the same 715-horsepower, twin-turbo V12 found in the Superleggera. Aston says the lucky 19 customers can expect to get their DB4's in the fourth quarter of 2019 and the DBS GT Zagato a year later.
- RELATEDGrazie, Gentlemen: Aston Martin to Build 19 More DB4 GT ZagatosAston Martin and Zagato will celebrate the latter's centenary by building 19 more DB4 GT Zagatos, which come with a bonus: a new DBS GT Zagato.READ NOW
- RELATEDUp Close and Intimately Personal With the Aston Martin DBS Superleggera TAG Heuer EditionAston Martin created the sinister special edition to celebrate its relationship with the famed watchmaker.READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin Vantage Roadster 'Is Ready and Waiting,' Claims Brand ExecutiveConsidering the fixed-roof original is as stunning as a car can get, the idea of a roofless variant colors us happy and nervous.READ NOW
- RELATEDJames Bond Will Drive an Electric Aston Martin in the Next 007 Film: Report"Need I remind you, double-oh-seven, that you have a license to kill, not break the traffic laws."READ NOW
- RELATEDAston Martin Valkyrie's V12 Confirmed to Produce 1,160 Earth-Shattering HorsepowerThe Valkyrie is officially the most powerful naturally aspirated road car ever built.READ NOW