Maserati Reveals Limited-Run Edizione Nobile Package for Ghibli, Levante, Quattroporte
Each one of the 50 Edizione Nobile models produced will focus on luxury and class rather than speed-enhancing elements.
Maserati announced Wednesday that it will produce a limited run of 150 cars bearing a package it calls Edizione Nobile. This special package will grace each of Maserati's core models—the Ghibli, Quattroporte, and Levante—to the tune of 50 units each.
Nobile models build on the foundation of the S GranLusso trim level, which emphasizes luxury as opposed to the speed-favoring GranSport. Maserati denotes Nobile models externally with a new-for-2019, three-layer Blu Nobile paint, whose blue is deeper than that of the Marianas Trench. It pairs with 20-inch alloy wheels, which encapsulate silver brake calipers.
Because they're based on the GranLusso package, Edizione Nobile models have some of Maserati's best-appointed interiors. Maserati again reminds drivers that they're in a limited-edition vehicle with a Nobile badge mounted on the dash, in case they somehow forget from the comfort of the front sport seats, which are typically exclusive to the GranLusso's foil the GranSport. These seats are trimmed in two-tone Pieno Fiore leather, and can both heat and cool the behinds of their occupants. The rear seats get heating too, but not ventilation.
The Ghibli and Quattroporte sedans contrast the leather with high-gloss Rovere wood, while the Levante crossover gets a woven metal net on some hard surfaces. Pinned to the roof is an Alcantara headliner, and echoing through the cabin will be music from a Bowers & Wilkins sound system. Also included is Maserati's semi-automated driver safety assist package, though it is erroneously presented as "autonomy" despite the fact that no cars today can boast true autonomy of any sort.
Maserati will deliver Edizione Nobile vehicles to its showrooms starting this month in both the United States and Canada. A company spokesperson told The Drive that Nobile packages will cost $7,500, but contain approximately $13,000 worth of options, making the package quite the deal for Maserati customers. Buyers can climb into a Ghibli S Nobile for $92,780, a Levante S Nobile for $99,480, or a Quattroporte S Nobile for $121,580.
Maybe these limited-edition cars will help resuscitate Maserati's disastrous sales figures.
- RELATED2019 Maserati Levante GTS Review: Nothing Wrong With This Crossover a Ferrari V8 Can't CureFerrari-engined Levante GTS, Trofeo models rival Porsche's Cayenne Turbos in price, sure—but also in performance.READ NOW
- RELATEDFCA Boss Admits Mistakes Behind Maserati's Monumental Sales SlumpMaserati sales fell 87 percent last quarter.READ NOW
- RELATEDHundreds of Maseratis Destroyed by Exploding Car Batteries at Flooded Italian PortTwo full lots of cars were destroyed prior to being exported to the Middle East.READ NOW
- RELATED2020 Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro: Tightened, Lightened, and LimitedThe Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro is more than six seconds faster around the 'Ring than the 'standard' GT R.READ NOW
- RELATEDOne-off Ferrari SP3JC Is a Cool V12 Roadster That Looks Like It Just Ate the Cookie MonsterFerrari made this roadster based on the Ferrari F12tdf at a collector's request, and it is wonderful.READ NOW