Lamborghini Is Considering an 'Extreme Aero' Model to Rival the McLaren Senna
The car would be built 'in the vein of the Centenario and Veneno,' said CEO Stefano Domenicali.
It sounds like the market for ultra-fast, super exclusive, track-focused hypercars is about to get another player. Speaking to Autocar, Lamborghini CEO Stefano Domenicali said that the brand is considering an "extreme aero" model to compete with the likes of Aston Martin's Valkyrie and the McLaren Senna.
Domenicali adds that such a car would be built "in the vein of Centenario and Veneno," a pair of Aventador-based, limited-run hypercars with seven-figure price tags.
If a money-no-object Lambo does come to fruition, it would almost certainly feature the most hardcore implementation of the company's trick ALA (Aerodinamica Lamborghini Attiva) aerodynamics system yet. The equipment was first seen in the Huracán Performante and it also makes an appearance on the Aventador SVJ. Both cars broke the Nürburgring production car lap record at the time of their respective debuts.
Autocar also says that a future Lambo hypercar could be a hybrid, using electricity to assist a mid-mounted internal combustion engine in lieu of forced induction.
Like the cars with which it will allegedly compete against, we expect any upcoming ultra-Lambos to be built in double-digit numbers. As for price, we're anticipating something firmly in the "If you have to ask..." category. For the sake of satisfying curiosity, the Aston Martin Valkyrie goes for $3.3 million while the McLaren Senna costs around $1.3 million.
We've reached out to Lamborghini for further comment on this and will update this story if we hear back.
- RELATED2019 Lamborghini Aventador SVJ First Drive: Dancing With the New King of the Nurburgring759 horses, brainiac handling, and patented aero tricks create the latest ruler in the Nurburgring's dizzying Game of Thrones.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a Lamborghini Huracan Burn in Front of the Boston Public LibraryThe Boston Fire Department responded to a 911 call about the fire and managed to extinguish it without a single reported injury.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch a McLaren Senna Race Dirt Bikes up the Goodwood Hill ClimbForza Horizon 4's cover car reenacts the game IRL.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to the $3.3-Million Aston Martin Valkyrie's V-12 Rip Reality ApartIf your toes don't curl when you hear this 1,100-horsepower, 6.5-liter, naturally aspirated V-12, then your volume isn't high enough.READ NOW
- RELATEDLiberty Walk Lamborghini Aventador Wearing a Gulf Oil Livery Is Excess in BulkBut don't put it past your neighborhood billionaire to build one.READ NOW