East Coast Defender to Begin Customizing Classic Range Rovers
Finally, you can enjoy the iconic design of a RRC without the unreliability.
If you loved the simplistic looks of the Land Rover Range Rover Classics from 1970 to 1996, but hate their lack of reliablity, then you are in luck. The folks over at East Coast Defender are branching away from the...errr...Defender and starting to work on the iconic Range Rover Classic.
Like the company's other resto-mods, East Coast Defender will do a frame-off restoration on the Range Rover Classic and completely customize it to the customer's specifications. However, East Coast Defender will primarily preserve the design and lines of the Range Rover Classic throughout the build process.
That being said, Elliot Humble, East Coast Defender co-owner, said, "Our custom Range Rover Classic will bring the car to the 21st century without sacrificing its classic heritage and originality."
Customers will be able to choose between two different LS-series V8s—one making 330 horsepower, the other 430 horses. The interior will also be redone; however, they'll keep the same seat frames. Customers will be able to choose from 10 exterior colors and five interior colors, truly making their creation unique. In addition to paint and power, the Range Rover Classics will receive additional modernizations like improves suspension and other interior tech.
The demo build is called the Alpha build and is expected to debut at the new West Coast Design shop this January.
- RELATEDEast Coast Defender's Honey Badger Is a Corvette-Powered Stick Shift Land RoverSo many things we love, brought together in one place.READ NOW
- RELATEDNext-Gen Land Rover Defender Will Be Sold in U.S., Report SaysThis will be the first time since a limited run in 1997.READ NOW
- RELATEDLand Rover Says No Plans For a 7-Seat Range RoverThere is no room for the portable wine cellar and all your vintage luggage with a third row of seats.READ NOW
- RELATEDRange Rover Makes the Best SUV in the WorldHere's where we lay it out for you.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Land Rover Range Rover HSE Is a Road-Going Ocean LinerA mechanical masterpiece possessed of speed, capability, and luxury in equal measure.READ NOW