Ford Improves the Popular F-650 and F-750 Commercial Series Trucks
Both trucks are experiencing their best sales numbers since 1997.
The Ford medium-duty series of trucks sold like gangbusters last year, and Ford plans to continue that trend with a series of 2018 model year upgrades. Designed for usability in the workforce and easy maintenance, the F-650 and F-750 chassises are helpful additions to any fleet.
Exclusive to the medium duty market, Ford offers both a gas and diesel engine for the F-650. Owners can either equip their truck with the honking 6.7-liter Powerstroke diesel V-8 or 6.8-liter gas-powered V-10. Both engines serve specific purposes and can drastically effect the cost of daily fleet operation.
The 6.7-liter is tuned to the sound of three different power outputs: 270 horsepower and 675 lb-ft of torque; 300 hp and 700 lb-ft; and 330 hp and 725 lb-ft. On a side note, if you were every wondering how much play these engines have in regards to tuning, here is your answer. Another comforting aspect of the new Ford F-650 and F-750 is under warranty for five years or a whopping 250,000 miles. Although both figures will most likely be surpassed by many owners, it is nice to see high-mileage warranties backing a product.
For the 2018 model year, Ford has added standard electronic stability control and traction control braking to the F-750. Ford is also offering a high-output 240-amp alternator for the 6.8-liter V-10 engine. This was done in order to allow for substantial auxiliary lighting—think the sort of accessories needed by ambulances, snow plows and tow trucks.
Clearly these trucks are getting the attention of businesses with commercial fleets...but apparently they are also getting the attention of one Shaquille O'Neal, too.
- RELATEDShaquille O'Neal Buys A Massive F-650 Pickup as His Daily DriverThe pickup was made with the help of Georgia based SuperTruck and Wade Ford.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Ken Block Do a Huge Burnout in His New Ford F-150 RaptorIt was "awesome," according to Block's kids.READ NOW
- RELATEDVin Diesel, Dodge Officially Partner for an Action-Packed Commercial SeriesThe three-commercial run will be called "The Brotherhood of Muscle."READ NOW
- RELATEDRam Shows Off Two Colorful Pickup Trucks Ahead of New York Auto ShowThe Ram 1500 Rebel Blue Streak and Ram 1500 Sublime Sport are far from discrete.READ NOW
- RELATEDRetro Deal Of The Day : 1995 Ford Aerostar With Only 45,541 Miles Sold For $770Like a lot of 1990s rides, the Ford Aerostar can be found dirt cheap these days. But with 45,000 miles and just 770 dollars? Heck, you can't find a good used riding lawnmower for that price.READ NOW