The Ford Expedition Gets a Military-Grade Aluminum Alloy Body and the BatPod Motorcycle is Up For Auction: The Evening Rush
Plus, a band that monitors how hydrated you are, and Lime Rock hosts the Ferrari Challenge.
Great news for government agencies and large families: the 2018 Ford Expedition will get a military grade aluminum-alloy body in 2017. This will allow the gigantic SUV to shed several hundred pounds and gain a few extra MPGs. The new Expedition will still use the turbocharged “EcoBoost” V-6 found in the current F-150.
Uber has officially launched a fleet of self-driving cars in Pittsburgh. According to Uber, Pittsburgh is the perfect environment to test self-driving cars to the variety of weather conditions, small city streets, and intense traffic. Human drivers will still be in the driver’s seat (just in case intervention is needed) but this is definitely a big step in the right direction.
The real BatPod motorcycle is for sale, and it's just as cool as you imagine. Powered by a 570cc Honda engine, the movie-famous motorcycle is expected to go for between $80,000 and $106,000.
Track your hydration with the LVL hydration monitor. With the ability to monitor your hydration level as well as heart rate and plenty of other data points, the LVL is jewelry you don’t want to leave at home.
Looking for a durable coffee maker that will withstand a flight of stairs? Look no further than theCoffeeBoxx by Oxx. Able to house its own water and use any K-Cup, the Coffeeboxx is perfect for coffee on the jobsite, or campsite.
On September 24th, Lime Rock Park is hosting the Ferrari Challenge. Nestled in Litchfield County, Connecticut, Lime Rock Park is the perfect track to experience the wonderful exhaust note of a dozen Ferraris bouncing off the Connecticut mountains. Tickets are currently on sale at www.limerock.com.
If you're in the market for a retro Patagonia jacket, don’t look past the Baggies jacket—this puppy is straight out of the 90s, and 40 percent off retail at Steep & Cheap.
- RELATEDStar Wars Legend Harrison Ford, Our Kind of WheelmanSome actors just have better vehicular co-stars than others.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Fascinating Plan Turns the B-52 Into a Weapons Battery in the SkyThe B-52 Stratofortress Is One Tough Old Bird.READ NOW
- RELATEDAfter 102 Years, Ford’s Assembly Line Is Still IncredibleTake a look back at the definitive moment of the “century of the automobile.”READ NOW
- RELATEDA Batmobile From Tim Burton's Batman Is for Sale in Russia for $1.1 MillionMaybe Bruce Wayne (Vaynsky?) got all that cash from Barents Sea oil wells.READ NOW
- RELATEDAll The Things No One Told Me About the Ford Focus RSThat I learned by buying one.READ NOW