Dodge Challenger Demon Will Have a Suspension Made for the Drag Strip
The new Mopar muscle car comes with a Drag Mode designed to help the Demon lay down better quarter-mile times.
It's Thursday morning, everyone, so you know what time it is: Time for the latest Dodge Challenger SRT Demon teaser, of course. This week's installment of Fiat Chrysler's drawn-out reveal for what's almost certainly going to be SRT's most potent production car ever is entitled "Third Law," which means at least someone in FCA's P.R department actually remembers high school physics.
Newton's Third Law of Motion, in case you aren't as scientifically astute, is the one best summed up with the colloquialism, "For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction." In the Challenger Demon's case, Dodge is using that phrase to explain how the Demon's Drag Mode uses the car's unique spring setup, adjustable dampers, and special software to help this supercharged muscle deliver perfect launches on command. The company describes it as the first example of "mechanical/electronic drag-race-specific suspension tuning" in a production car. (You can read more about the specific setup at Dodge's press release here, if you're so inclined.)
The company also included a rather cryptic phrase: "13.5=575@500." We're still trying to figure out what that means, but if you can crack it, let us know in the comments below.
Dodge Challenger Demon buzz continues to build
The Dodge Challenger Demon will make its debut at the New York Auto Show in April. Though, considering Dodge's aggressive promotional schedule, we wouldn't be shocked if we all catch a glimpse of the completed car before then.
- RELATEDThe Dodge Challenger SRT Demon Is Fully Prepared to Launch Like HellBetter grab a hold of the Challenger SRT Demon's steering wheel.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger Demon Almost Certainly Packs a Hellcat V8It's not the first Dodge Challenger to use forced induction...but this is the first time Mopar has quoted Metallica in a press release, as far as we know.READ NOW
- RELATEDDodge Challenger Demon Will Be Both Drag Racer and Road Course WarriorThe #DodgeDemon will be able to go from straight-line speed machine to winding road terror at its owner's whim.READ NOW
- RELATEDWill the Dodge Challenger Demon Only Have One Seat?A new report suggests that the Hellcat-powered Mopar muscle car will lose all its passenger seats in the name of saving weight.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Dodge Challenger Demon Is 200 Pounds Lighter than the HellcatAdding power isn't the only way to dial up performance.READ NOW