Drive Wire for December 5th, 2016: 500th LaFerrari Auctioned Off For $7 Million
All proceeds will go to Central Italy earthquake victims.
Today on Drive Wire we dive into the world of the wealthy and charitable.
Last week we mentioned that Ferrari and R.M. Sotheby’s would be auctioning off the 500th LaFerrari to benefit the victims of the central Italy earthquakes. With custom livery, interior features and badging, we expected the already expensive LaFerrari to auction off for an astronomical amount.
Fortunately we were correct and the LaFerrari went for a record-breaking 7 million dollars. This makes the 500th LaFerrari the most expensive car built in the 21st century to be sold at auction.
All proceeds will go directly to relief efforts thanks to the generosity of Ferrari and R.M. Sotheby’s.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for December 1st, 2016: Ferrari Auctions Off LaFerrari For A Good CauseThe 500th LaFerrari proceeds will aid the Central Italy earthquake victims.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 30th, 2016: Lucid Motors To Build In ArizonaThe company will break ground on the $700 million facility next year, start building cars in 2018.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 30th, 2016: Porsche Hopes to Sell 20,000 Mission E Electric Cars a YearThe guys in Stuttgart are shooting high with their upcoming Tesla fighter.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 29th, 2016: Jeep Plans Six More Wrangler Special EditionsBecause who doesn't love a good special edition?READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for November 28th, 2016: Callaway Is Already Planning To Supercharge The Camaro ZL1Because 640hp is just not enough.READ NOW