Tesla's 'Project Loveday' Commercial Contest Winners Announced
Popular tech YouTuber MKBHD clinched the top spot.
After announcing the amateur advert-making contest dubbed "Project Loveday," Tesla has been inundated with plenty of strong, well-produced Tesla-selling videos from aspirational filmmakers across the globe. However, there could only be one winner, and now, the results are in.
Taking the top prize of a most-expense-paid trip to a future Tesla product launch, drum roll please, tech YouTuber and Model S P100D owner Marques Brownlee a.k.a. MKBHD. In his spot, Brownlee effectively demonstrates his Tesla's uncanny ability to both handle a full week's worth of errands and (implicitly) smoke the doors off of Lambos.
In the runner-up spot, sits Everyday Astronaut with their wonderfully-produced, astronaut-themed (what did you think it was gonna be about?) Model X ad. It's a video avid readers of The Drive have seen before with some around our offices (without naming names) feeling that it should have been the one to take number one spot. While "Spaceships. For Earth." is extremely well done, we ain't Elon and therefore had zero say in the matter (Sorry, Will).
Taking home the proverbial bronze medal is Sonja Jasansky with a quirky, Ludicrous-paced rundown of the Model S.
Named after the ten-year-old girl who inspired it, Project Loveday was born after fifth-grader Bria Loveday (daughter of InsideEVs writer Steven Loveday) penned a letter to Elon Musk, noticing that his electric car company has never run an ad and suggesting that they hold a contest, crowdsourcing the first one.
- RELATEDCheck Out This Great Astronaut-Themed Tesla Model X CommercialTesla is essentially a rocket so it is only natural it would draw the attention of Astronauts.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Model 3 Starts at $35,000 – Gets Up To 310 Miles of RangeThey've made the first affordable EV that you might actually want to drive.READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla to Release Performance Version of Model 3 in 2018Following in the Model S' footsteps, we'll get a go-fast version of Tesla's cheaper car.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Model 3 Is Further Proof of Tesla's Asymmetric War Against the Auto IndustryThe legacy automakers are fighting blind not because of some brilliant Tesla strategy, but because they choose not to see.READ NOW
- RELATEDCheck Out the Tesla Model 3's Spacious InteriorImpressive build quality, very premium feel, and more space than you'll know what to do with.READ NOW