This Craigslist Find Will Let You Live Out JDM Muscle Car Dreams
A unique Scarab V-8 Datsun 240Z build recently popped up for sale on Craigslist.
The Drive loves crazy Craigslist finds. I was perusing my social feeds and I stumbled upon this bonkers 1971 Datsun 240Z build that is a surprisingly tastefully combination of an old school JDM car and a muscle car.
According to the Craigslist listing, the Datsun is a Jim Cook Racing California-Z and a Scarab V8-Z. Back in the 1970's, Brian Morrow founded Scarab Engineering. Scarab Engineering took Datsuns and turned the dial up a few notches. The main box you checked when you got a Scarab Datsun was that you obtained a V-8 engine in your engine bay. This Datsun comes with a Chevrolet V-8 engine matted to a Muncie 4-speed manual transmission.
The Datsun has a slew of upgrades including a custom hood scoop, Hooker Headers with a custom dual exhaust/muffler setup, a ZR1 Corvette steering wheel, Diamond Steel Racing Wheels, custom rear bumper, and custom rear spoiler.
Located in Los Angeles, California, the owner is selling the Datsun for $22,000 or they are possibly willing to trade for a high-performance classic, pro street car, or late model performance car. No details on the mileage.
- RELATEDPlease Buy This Celebrity-Owned Datsun 240Z Race CarThis built Z has quite a history in motorsport, and now anyone can buy it.READ NOW
- RELATEDHey Zimbabwe, Datsun's Coming to a Dealership Near YouZimbabwe will be the seventh Sub-Saharan country where Datsun has a dealership.READ NOW
- RELATEDA Seller Is Auctioning This Datsun 1500 for CharityAll proceeds from the sale will be donated to hurricane relief in Puerto Rico.READ NOW
- RELATEDSpeedhunters' Larry Chen Shows Us Around His 'Orange Bang' Datsun 240ZWith an SR20DET out of a Formula Drift car, Larry Chen's 240Z is the perfect Frankenstein.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch Some Guy Turn a Project Datsun 260Z Into Something BeautifulFrom rusted beater to an immaculate classic inspired by vintage racing.READ NOW