Ford To Live Stream 2017 World Rallycross Season
Now you have no excuse to not watch Ken Block's seizure-inducing Focus RS RX fight for America's pride.
Ford Performance announced that they will be the exclusive United States live provider for the FIA World Rallycross Championship. All 12 races of the 2017 season will be streamed live on the Ford Performance Facebook page. While Ford is streaming the races, World RX Managing Director Paul Bellamy said that highlights would be available on a free-to-air broadcaster in the U.S. The details of that deal should be announced soon.
This is the first time a manufacture has partnered with the series to provide a live broadcast. Ford World RX driver and beloved lunatic Ken Block couldn't be happier about the deal. "I think it's amazing that my factory race partner, Ford Performance, has chosen to become the official distributor of World RX here in the States. One of the things I love about World RX is that fans are able to watch the action in real-time on race day via streaming. The fact that Ford has stepped up and become the official partner in America and is doing it via their Facebook is beyond cool to me" said Block via a press release.
For Ford, it would be wonderful the two Hoonigan Racing Division Ford Focus RS RXs dominate the season. Ford has puffed it chest up in the recent past and actually delivered. For almost a year, they boasted they were bringing the Ford GT back to Le Mans to reclaim the throne. They did. So maybe this will work out, too. It would be America's shame if the Ford-sponsored World RX live stream turned in to Peugeot commercial.
The season starts this weekend. You can watch it live on April 2nd, at 8:00am EST at Facebook.com/FordPerformance.
- RELATEDWatch a Drone Chase Rallycross Cars Around a Gravel TrackA birds-eye view of some serious rallycross cars racing around on dirt.READ NOW
- RELATEDTake a Tour of Ken Block's Hoonigan Racing Garage with Andreas BakkerudNot surprisingly, there are a ton of cool cars and toys scattered throughout the warehouse.READ NOW
- RELATEDKen Block Drops Climbkhana Trailer, Featuring the 1,400-HP “Hoonicorn” Ford MustangWell, now we know what those turbos are for.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Ford Focus RS RX's Hoonigan Livery Is UnmissableDo your eyes hurt yet?READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Behind-the-Scenes Top Gear Footage of Ken Block Drifting His Mustang around London Is a Must-WatchThe extended director's cut delivers all the hooning-the-Hoonicorn action you can take.READ NOW