LaFerrari Auctioned Off for $7 Million and Romanian Gymkhana Is Pretty Great: The Evening Rush
Plus, make your home safer with Awair Glow.
The Evening Rush is your daily roundup of auto, gear, and lifestyle news, all in one place. Less time searching, more time driving. Motor on.
Last week we discussed how Ferrari and R.M. Sotheby’s were teaming up to auction off the 500th LaFerrari to aid central Italy earthquake victims. Well, the auction occurred this past weekend in Monterey—and the custom Ferrari went for an impressive $7 million, making it the priciest successful auction of a car made in the 21st Century.
Spy shots of the 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS-Class have leaked, and although the vehicle is heavily camouflaged, the cosmetic changes are evident. The new design should be powered by a 3.0-liter turbocharged inline-six and is expected to arrive in 2018.
We all know Ken Block is a legend for his incredible Gymkhana videos, but that does not mean others can't bring the hoonage. Ford Romania took advantage of that idea and made their own Gymkhana video using a Fiesta R5 rally car. The sporty 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder cranks out 290 horsepower and proudly spits flames as it careens around the Croatia factory floor.
Confidently track the air quality in your home with Awair Glow Smart Outlet. This small wall mounted device uses your smartphone and LED lights to notify you of an environment’s current air quality. In order to help correct situations where air quality is dimensioning, you can plug lamps, A/C units, fans, etc. into Awair, and the device will control them. The unit tracks temperature, humidity, dust, CO2, and a variety of harmful chemicals.
If you are in the market for a palm-sized LED lantern that can last up to 500 hours and charge your phone, then you are in luck. The Goal Zero Lighthouse Mini Rechargeable Lantern is the perfect holiday gift for your favorite outdoor junkie.
Amazon continues to make our lives easier with their new market, Amazon Go. Using a smartphone app, shoppers are able to enter to store and grab any grocery item they please and walk out with them without waiting on line to check out. Each item is accounted for by the shopper’s smartphone app, and the shopper is charged once they exit the store. Expect to see the first store open in Seattle in early 2017.
Finding the right pair of workpants can be a compromise based on finances, comfort, and practicality. That is where 1620 Workwear comes into play. Their Double Knee Work Pants come with nine pockets, reinforced knees, and are made of extremely durable (and water resistant) Tweave Durastretch fabric.
- RELATEDChampagne and Bullshit: The Costly Failure of the Terrifying Lotus T125This inside story of one car's very expensive swan song.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2017 Lexus GX 460 Is a Grizzled SUV HoldoverIn a world full of unibody crossovers, this body-on-frame veteran soldiers on.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatching This Snowy Slow-Motion Accident in Montreal Is Oddly SoothingA reminder of the gentle futility that is life.READ NOW
- RELATEDFinal Ferrari LaFerrari Sells for $7 Million at Earthquake Benefit AuctionSale price makes the one-off supercar the priciest 21st Century vehicle ever sold.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Ford Fiesta Rally Car Gymkhana Video Doesn't Need Ken Block to Be GreatIt's still a 290-horsepower hatchback hooning through a factory.READ NOW