Jeep Driver Crashes Into Boulder, Ricochets Into Unlucky Person's Car and House
A boulder and a Chevy Spark worked together to become the perfect launch ramp.
A couple of days before a Porsche found itself flying into the second story of a New Jersey building, a Jeep Grand Cherokee was found by police lodged inside of a Washington home's garage and sitting on top of another car.
According to police of the city of Walla Walla, officers responded to reports of "a loud crash and a male running" from the east-end residential intersection of Fern Avenue and East Tietan Street on Friday evening. When officers arrived at the scene, they discovered a white Grand Cherokee WJ crashed into a garage about one-and-a-half stories off the ground, supported by what looks a white Chevy Spark.
After "some investigation" which presumably involved looking up the Jeep's plates, its male driver was identified, contacted by authorities, and is now reportedly seeking medical attention.
As for how the Grand Cherokee propelled itself into the dwelling, police say the SUV was going east on Tietan "at a high rate of speed" before blowing through the T-shaped intersection and hitting a large boulder—presumably the one that sits on 1877 Fern's driveway, as seen on Google Maps. The Jeep launched through the air and into the structure, "pushing both vehicles partially into the attached garage."
Last Sunday, a speeding Porsche in New Jersey flew a lot higher and smashed into the second story of an empty building, killing both of that vehicle's occupants. Other than the injured Jeep driver, no fatalities or other injuries were reported in this particular car-meets-building crash.
Whether or not the Grand Cherokee driver will face charges is currently unclear.
- RELATEDSpeeding Porsche Launches Into Second Story of New Jersey Building, Killing TwoNo one was in the building at the time of the crash, according to local news reports.READ NOW
- RELATEDSomehow This Guy Crashed Into the 2nd Floor of a BuildingPolice say the vehicle was driving at a high rate of speed before hitting a median and being launched into the second floor of a building.READ NOW
- RELATEDSmall Airplane Crashes During Gender Reveal Stunt Gone Horribly WrongThe parents now have lots of cool plane parts for their newborn's baby book.READ NOW
- RELATEDJeep Driver Arrested After Doing Donuts in Public Park to 'Impress Female Passenger'It's a Jeep thang.READ NOW
- RELATEDThieves Steal Custom Jeep Wrangler, Ford Explorer Built to Benefit Children With CancerDetectives in Chattanooga are asking people to come forward with information on the stolen trucks, which were expected to bring $225,000 at auction.READ NOW