New Ram Super Bowl Ad Is so Self-Aware It's Hilarious
Things get very meta in this ad for the new 2019 Ram HD.
In a new Ram commercial that’s extremely aware of itself, we see a couple of modern-day cowboys talk about Super Bowl ads in a Super Bowl ad. They even go so far as to discuss Super Bowl ads being posted online before the game airs...which is exactly what this one did. Anyways, by the end, the ad turns its focus to the all-new 2019 Ram heavy-duty trucks. Take a look.
It starts with a discussion of “the big game on Sunday,” which obviously is a reference to Super Bowl LIII in which the New England Patriots will face off against the Los Angeles Rams at Mercedes-Benz Stadium on Feb. 3, 2019.
These ranchers go on to talk about some of the more memorable Super Bowl ads in recent history referencing the E-Trade baby, the Budweiser Clydesdales, and others. Then they start talking about ads for which they can’t even remember what they were for.
Cue the all-new 2019 Ram HD, specifically, a Ram 3500 Limited hauling a huge trailer. “Why don’t they just show you what they’re selling?” asks the owner to his friend as he removes his cowboy hat and gets in his truck. Get it? Because Ram then showed us what they’re selling?
The new Ram HD trucks will be available this spring for all of your towing and hauling needs thanks to a handy 1,000 pound-feet of torque and best-in-class work capabilities.
- RELATED2019 Ram Heavy Duty: Out Tows, Out Powers, and Out Works the CompetitionA new 6.7-liter Cummins diesel cranks out an earth-moving 1,000 pound-feet of torque.READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Ram Power Wagon: Capable Off-Road Muscle, 'Nuff SaidThe intimidating all-new pickup has a new winch, new technology, but the same go-anywhere capability.READ NOW
- RELATEDHellcats Drifting to 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia' Create Beautiful Super Bowl AdWe can't think of a better tune for this weekend's big game at Mercedes-Benz Stadium in Atlanta.READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Ram Heavy Duty Laramie Longhorn Edition Debuts Deep in the Heart of TexasIf 'Walker Texas Ranger' made a comeback, this is exactly what he would drive.READ NOW
- RELATED2019 Ram Heavy Duty Sport Debuts With Monochromatic Bodywork and Same 1,000 LB-FT of TorqueFor those who might want a more subtle look on their new Ram HD, this is just the solution they're looking for.READ NOW