Behold a 900-Horsepower, Track-Prepped, Military-Issued Humvee
You're looking at 1,500 pound-feet of all-American torque.
A custom Hummer shop has constructed a colossal racetrack-oriented Hummer H1 track truck.
Mil-Spec Automotive took a 1987 Humvee, and overhauled almost the entire vehicle to make the monstrosity more capable of handling on-road use at high speed. It now sits seven inches lower than stock on custom, ultra-stiff coilovers with modified suspension geometry, with huge wheels in Pirelli P-Zero performance tires.
Power comes from a modified 6.6-liter Duramax turbodiesel V8, which according to company social media makes 900 horsepower, 1,500 pound-feet of torque, and enough smoke to get it banned from at least three states. All this power goes to the ground through a part-time four-wheel-drive system, which is more than helpful for getting that level of power to the ground, good tires or not. Stopping power is courtesy of huge six-piston Wilwood disc brakes, though because they're mounted inboard, ventilation will be limited.
According to Autoblog, a company representative told them that despite all the hype (and tire smoke) this Humvee has whipped up, Mil-Spec Automotive has no present plans to build additional track Humvees, as it intends to finish its initial run of 12 road-going off-roaders before planning future products.
This does not mean that your dreams of absurdly powerful pickups can't be a reality, though. There's a 750-horsepower Ford F-150 Warrior Edition, normally available only to members of the U.S. armed forces, coming up for auction soon. If you work a job where the heavy-duty vehicles are less glamorous such as trucking, fear not because there are plenty of opportunities for fun even in the commercial driving world.
- RELATEDYou Can Ride on a Live Racetrack in a Tour Bus with WEC’s Wild ‘Circuit Safari’ in JapanComing soon to the 6 Hours of Fuji: A really bad idea.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Custom Hummer Is Riding on AirCustomizer Mil-Spec Auto has created an adjustable air-ride system for the Hummer H1 off-roader.READ NOW
- RELATEDJeep Wrangler Goes Up in Flames, Stranding Camper 30 Miles from CivilizationNot only that—the owner caught it all on video.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk Is the Most Hellish HellcatIf power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely, then the Jeep Cherokee Trackhawk is pure evil.READ NOW
- RELATEDToyota Wants to Build Lighter, Faster, More Hardcore Supra GRMN Track CarSupra program chief Testuya Tada shared his thoughts on a hyped-up Supra, and we like what he's cookin'.READ NOW