This 711 HP, Straight-Piped McLaren 570S is Straight-Up Hilarious
If this McLaren's Joker paint job doesn't put a smile on your face, its exhaust note sure will.
It's no V12 Lamborghini, but a stock McLaren 570S' exhaust note sounds pretty good. The exhaust system connected to the 570S' 3.8-liter, twin-turbocharged V8 makes a no-nonsense rumble with a hint of turbocharger spool at idle and howls in acknowledgment when you mash the gas. If this isn't loud enough, you can buy an upgraded titanium exhaust straight from McLaren, or do things the old-fashioned way by removing the muffler.
Supercar Youtube channel CVDZIJDEN posted a video of what happens when you straight-pipe a McLaren 570S and the results are glorious. The exhaust turns the dial on the 570S' aforementioned idle rumble and turbo whistle up to 11 while adding lots of crackles and pops during deceleration.
The exhaust was fitted by U.K. tuning shop Deutsch Tech, who explains in its own video that the McLaren's catalytic converters were removed and the exhaust was custom-built. Additionally, the 570S received a software tune from Top Gear Tuning, bringing the car's power output from 562 to 711 horsepower. We don't even want to know where that Batman-derived Joker exterior wrap came from.
This footage was supposedly shot near Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium during The Cannon Run's European Tour, a massive supercar rally that takes owners through 10 European countries. Listen to one of the rally's loudest cars rev its heart out below.
- RELATEDThe First Corvette ZR1 to Get Straight PipesThe new Corvette ZR1 sounds great in stock form but straight pipes make everything better.READ NOW
- RELATEDListen to This Straight-Piped 2018 Toyota Camry XSE GrowlTurns out, you can own a Camry and still be that guy.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis Straight-Piped Ferrari F430 Will Make You SquealThere's no better argument for naturally aspirated engines than this.READ NOW
- RELATEDPorsche Introduced A New 911 RSR Exhaust For Le Mans And It Sounds Like A WinnerEven if Porsche doesn't win the race, they've won our heartsREAD NOW
- RELATEDListen to the 2018 Lamborghini Huracan Super Trofeo EVO Roar at MonzaFurther proof that Lamborghini makes some of the best-sounding GT race cars.READ NOW