The Gran Turismo Sport Video Game Super Bundle Comes With a Real-Life Mazda Miata
Never. Stop. Driving.
As video games themselves have gotten more expensive these days, it's common for publishers to throw together fancy packages with extra content or collectible doodads to bump up the perceived value. For this week's launch of Gran Turismo Sport on the PS4, however, Sony has kicked it up a notch by offering a "Super Bundle" that comes with several pricey add-ons—including a PlayStation VR rig, a 4K television, and an actual 2018 Mazda MX-5 Miata. Yes, the game that bills itself as "The Real Driving Simulator" is now available with a very real car.
In addition to the Soul Red Miata, the Super Bundle comes with a PS4 Pro, the PS VR setup, a Bravia 4K television, a Thrustmaster steering wheel, and a racing seat simulator rig. Oh, and the game itself, of course.
All that can be yours for the low, low price of $46,300 USD—but unfortunately, only if you live in Taiwan. Those of us living elsewhere will have to make do with the plain old Gran Turismo Sport Limited Edition, which comes with a few extra cars pre-unlocked and a million free credits to spend on your in-game rides. As Autoblog points out, though, you can easily recreate the bundle here in the US of A for just under $32,000‚—and you won't have to pay someone to remove those hokey vinyl graphics from your new Miata.
- RELATEDPorsche Models Confirmed for Gran Turismo SportPorsche's 911 GT3 RS, among others, coming to Gran Turismo for the first time—ever.READ NOW
- RELATEDMcLaren Ultimate Vision GT Hybrid Hypercar Concept Will Debut in 'Gran Turismo Sport' Video GameDrive this futuristic concept on your PS4 starting Oct. 17.READ NOW
- RELATEDNight Racing in New Gran Turismo Sport Looks Stunningly RealisticOctober 17th can't come soon enough.READ NOW
- RELATEDTake A Tour Behind The Scenes of Gran Turismo at Polyphony's OfficesSeries creator Kazunori Yamauchi is a Porsche-driving, piano-playing boss.READ NOW
- RELATEDBruce Wayne Will Drive a Mercedes-AMG Vision Gran Turismo in Justice LeagueThis is a huge upgrade from his old Jeep Renegade.READ NOW