The Jaguar XE SV Project 8 Is the Fastest 4-Door Sedan* Around the 'Ring
The new sedan "of production-intent specification" sets a blazing Nürburgring lap time
In the lobby bar of a fancy downtown LA hotel on Monday night, a high-level Fiat-Chrysler exec made passing reference to the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio's record-setting Nürburgring lap time in front of a table of journalists and PR representatives. After he walked away, one of the Jag PR reps noted that the Alfa sedan's 7-minute, 32-second record run was not long for this world.
And then, on Tuesday night, Jaguar unveiled the new Jaguar XE SV Project 8, a blisteringly fast, 529-hp sports sedan from the company's Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) unit. Along with the vehicle, a new record 'Ring time—of sorts—was also revealed. There's no doubt that the Project 8's time of 07:21.23 makes it the fastest four-door sedan around the Green Hell, but the press release wording reveals a bit of a catch: "Jaguar is happy to announce that the Jaguar XE SV Project 8 is now the world’s fastest four-door sedan of production-intent specification...."
Yes, the XE SV Project 8 is basically a late-stage prototype with dreams of being a real car. When it's actually produced, the XE XV Project 8 will be limited to 300 units worldwide, with a starting price of $187,500. The title of "fastest" doesn't come cheap.
Check out the record-setting run, below.
- RELATEDJaguar Reveals Its New Formula E Car and Welcomes Nelson Piquet Jr. to the TeamJaguar also announced an all-electric production car racing series.READ NOW
- RELATEDJaguar Breaks Guinness World Record by Towing Olympic Skier at 117 MPH Behind XF SportbrakeHang on tight.READ NOW
- RELATEDJaguar XK180 Concept Replica Will Put a Dent in Your WalletThis one-off Jaguar XK180 concept has a unique, eye-popping look with a price tag to match.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch the Jaguar XE SV Project 8 Break the Production Sedan Nurburgring RecordThis limited production super sedan is the cat's meow.READ NOW
- RELATEDJaguar Is Now Offering $30,000 Discounts on the 2017 F-Type SVRThe F-Type R and V6 models get slashes of up to $20,000 and $10,000, respectively.READ NOW