How Much Would You Pay for a 'Totaled' Dodge Challenger Hellcat?
In other words...how much would you pay for a 707 horsepower engine and some crumpled metal?
There are plenty of crate engines available for you to drop into your old beater, but that doesn't mean you have to go with a crate motor for your build. You can always opt for a swap. There are plenty of power and performance shops that can pluck an engine, transmission, and whatever else you need out of a "lightly totaled" vehicle and assist you in a swap.
With that in mind, The Drive asks the question: How much are you willing to pay for a Hellcat engine and accompanying transmission? In this particular case, we are looking at a totaled Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with only 18 miles on it. The poor slob who purchased it probably didn't even make it home from the dealership before he rolled it. The frame is clearly a loss, but based on the images, the engine compartment looks to be intact—we can't see any front intrusion or compression of the engine bay.
Essentially, this Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat has become a mangled protective casing for a glorious 6.2-liter supercharged V8. As you all should know by now, the Hellcat engine makes 707 horsepower and 650 lb-ft of torque, and is capable of propelling the Challenger from 0 to 60 miles per hour in around 3.6 seconds. Considering those are neck-snapping performance numbers, how much would you be willing to pay for the engine, transmission and other necessary parts for a full swap? $7,000? $10,000? $20,000? Let us know in the comments below.
- RELATEDThese Are The Seven Best Exhaust Systems For The Dodge Challenger HellcatThese seven exhaust videos will leave you deaf and grinning.READ NOW
- RELATEDIs a Modified Dodge Challenger Scat Pack a Better Deal Than a Hellcat?One cammed Scat Pack's owner is running an 11.2-second quarter mile.READ NOW
- RELATEDThis 9-Second Dodge Charger Hellcat Is Ready to Slay the DemonWe imagine that poor Corvette owner was pretty shocked.READ NOW
- RELATEDThe Hellcat Rhino XT Is a 707-HP Wrangler on SteroidsFresh off a star turn in The Fate of the Furious, custom builder USSV upgrades its newest creation.READ NOW
- RELATEDWatch This Dodge Challenger Hellcat Hit Seventh Gear in A BurnoutAs the age of Demons draws near, a reminder of the Hellcat's power.READ NOW