Drive Wire for August 18th, 2016: Lamborghini Confirms Centenario Roadster for Pebble Beach
The celebration of the Lamborghini Miura's 50th birthday continues.
Exciting news for exotic car fans: Lamborghini has confirmed that it will reveal a one-off Centenario Roadster this weekend at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance. Based on the Aventador, the Centenario coupe revealed in March in Geneva featured restyled carbon fiber bodywork and a massaged version of the classic Lamborghini V12, with enough thrust—770 horsepower—to get it to 217 mph. Presumably, the Centenario Roadster will sport the same specifications and performance figures while also providing the option of open-air driving.
The Centenario coupe and roadster are being produced by Lamborghini in celebration of the fifty years since the Miura launched and created the modern supercar genre, as well as in homage to Ferruccio Lamborghini, who would have turned 100 this April.
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 17th, 2016: McLaren Reveals Special 570GT for Pebble BeachMcLaren Special Operations whips up a black-and-white one-off with a high-tech roof.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 17, 2016: Hyundai Set to Partner With Google On Autonomous CarsThe Korean automaker needs some tech expertise to catch up to catch up to competitors.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 16, 2016: Cadillac Offers Sneak Peek of Its Pebble Beach Concept CarWe'll have to wait until Thursday to see the whole vehicle.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 15th: Lyft Declines GM's Purchase OfferInstead of looking for an owner, Lyft is focusing on its next round of fund-raising.READ NOW
- RELATEDDrive Wire for August 15th, 2016: Jeremy Clarkson's Favorite CarsJezza gives us his top 10 picks of the last year.READ NOW