A Seller Is Auctioning This Datsun 1500 for Charity
All proceeds from the sale will be donated to hurricane relief in Puerto Rico.
Hurricane Maria devastated the U.S. territory of Puerto Rico three months ago and the island is still struggling to rebuild without proper relief from the mainland. Due to the U.S. government turning a blind eye, businesses and individuals have taken matters into their own hands to help, including automotive companies and enthusiasts.
You too can help Puerto Rico by buying this 1964 Datsun Fairlady 1500 on Bring a Trailer. The Japanese roadster is for sale in San Francisco, California with a current bid of $20,310. Every dollar made from the winning bid will be given to World Central Kitchen, a charity that is providing meals to families in Puerto Rico during its rebuilding process.
The car shows 38,000 miles on the odometer, receiving a host of restorations by the previous owner. Most of its 1.5-liter engine was rebuilt and the clutch was replaced in 1999; it recently benefitted from service by Datsun specialist Mike Young as well. The car was also painted Vermillion Red and reupholstered in tan fabric during the extensive restoration.
Modifications include 13-inch Enkei wheels, dual SU carburetors, new soft top, faux wood dashboard, and NOS gauges (tachometer and speedometer). This Datsun is far from original, but the upgrades fit perfectly with the roadster's aesthetic. Oh, and it sounds quite good too.
This auction is a win-win situation if you ask us—you get a beautiful vintage roadster for the holidays and many families in need will get nutritious meals.
- RELATEDChevrolet Auctions Corvette Carbon 65 Edition for CharitySigned by President George W. Bush, this Corvette will benefit veterans re-integrating into civilian life.READ NOW
- RELATEDLamborghini Donates Huracan to Pope Francis for CharityNo, this is not the new Popemobile.READ NOW
- RELATEDFerrari Building One More LaFerrari Aperta to Auction Off for CharityThis is your chance to buy LaFerrari Aperta number 210...of 209READ NOW
- RELATEDTesla Restores Electricity to Puerto Rico Hospital With Solar Power InstallationElon Musk is making good on his promise.READ NOW
- RELATEDAT&T Provides Cell Service in Puerto Rico via DroneTelecommunications giant AT&T is providing cell service to 40 square miles of Puerto Rico's territory via drone, connecting many citizens for the first time since Hurricane Maria hit.READ NOW